{Chapter 6}

Please vote and comment if you like it.

^^Their living room

"You have us," Damian said gently, as if to himself, hands still rubbing his brother's bareback. "Never forget this." he hastened to add, holding his brother tightly, wishing he could steal his pain away.

Vince eventually pulled back and wiped his tears, feeling slightly embarrassed. This was his second time breaking down, but he felt lighter and more robust.

This time, Luke walked over to him until he was right next to him; he brushed the damp hair back from Vince's face and stroked his cheek gently.

"Vince, Look at me," Luke said softly, his voice quiet yet carrying volume against the silence settled over the room.

Vince looked up at his brother, eyes swollen and red, his long strands covering his eyes, making him appear more fragile if possible. Luke's heart twisted at the sight of his younger brother.
"I don't know what happened with your mother. I won't ask you about it, not until you feel ready and comfortable talking about it," Luke promised, looking intently at Vince. He was looking at him with a rare tender expression crossing his face.

"But I want you to understand that we are all orphans. We all lost our moms one way or another. Miray lost her mom moments after her birth. Our moms left with no intention of returning," Luke continued calmly. He knew this was a sensitive topic; hence he was cautious with his words.
"Yet we are not the first orphans, nor will be the last. Not every woman who gives birth is a mother; some women are not fit as mothers. Some men are not fit as fathers. It is what it is." Luke exhaled loudly when Vince looked down. He moved his hand to lift his chin up to maintain eye contact. He needed his brother to understand this.

"What you have, however, is us. You have me, Damian, Noah, and Miray. We are each other's family. We are linked with blood and have always taken care of each other. We don't need our parents, just as they don't need us." Luke explained quietly.

Damian chuckled when he remembered what had just happened downstairs. "You should've seen her face when she told Luke and me how she got you all for herself now that she's married to you" He smiled fondly at the memory. His sister's eyes sparkled like diamonds. She was thrilled as if she was floating over the moon.

A fond smile worked its way across Vince's mouth, bringing warmth to his face. His sister was something else; she was the most precious girl in the world, and he just- adored her.

"And don't even let me start with Noah... that boy kiss the ground you walk on." Damian added rolling his eyes.

It was true. Their little brother was so obsessed with Vince. He was always very keen to get his approval and follow in his footsteps. Which was a bit strange because Noah was the spoiled sibling. His father and grandma adored him and made it very clear to everyone that he was their favorite. He didn't need approval, yet, he made it his mission to always please his brother and always be on good terms with him.

Vince suddenly sneezed one, two, three times, drawing his brothers' attention to the fact that he was standing half-naked in the middle of the room.

Luke released his hand, "Go put some clothes on" his voice was warm and gentle.

Vince walked silently to his wardrobe, pulling in a black hoodie, a boxer, and black sweatpants. After he finished changing, he turned back to find his brothers were still standing near his bed.

He was already done with this, and he didn't want to talk about it anymore. "Listen, I know what I did was wrong. As I said, it was a moment of weakness.. of craziness, and I already felt and still feel like shit the moment Rei came into my room. So let's just drop this." Vince begged, frustrated. He already had enough for today.