{Chapter 52}

Hey~

Hope you're all doing great!

Enjoy!

Dylan could barely hear Miray calling his name, her voice was muffled, coming from somewhere far away.

"Dylan~" Miray cried, utterly anxious and confused. Dylan was full-on sobbing and wasn't responding to her calls, he was scaring her.

" Dylan, don't cry." she whimpered, pulling at his t-shirt, "don't be scared, they will find us," she said desperately, wishing her words will soon come true.

She thought Dylan was crying because he was - like her - scared.

Not knowing what else to do - and feeling more scared when Dylan didn't respond - Miray also broke down, sobbing.

That seemed to finally catch Dylan's attention as he looked at her worriedly. "What's wrong?" he asked, horrified when he saw the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"D-Dylan~" Miray cried harder.

Dylan swallowed and licked his lips nervously, "What's wrong? Did you get hurt?" He asked worriedly, leaning in and checking her body anxiously, thinking something had bitten her or she'd got injured.

Miray sniffled, shaking her head fervently, her lips quivering, hands never leaving his t-shirt.

Dylan looked worried out of his mind, "Then why you're crying? what's wrong" He asked again, sniffling.

"B-because, Dylan is c-crying." Miray hiccuped, looking at Dylan with tearful eyes.

Dylan's heart fluttered, and he hurriedly wiped away any signs of tears from his face, "I'm sorry, I'm not crying anymore," He sniffled, trying to hold back his tears... in vain.

He kinda felt embarrassed for crying in public. 

Despite his miserable life, Dylan had never cried in front of anyone since that fateful day. He only allowed himself to break down once he was in his room, where no one could see him.

Now, though, he was pathetically sobbing in front of a 4-year-old kid...

How pitiful could he get?

Dylan hated himself for being this weak.

Miray climbed on his lap quietly and gently cupped his face with her tiny hands. "Why is Dylan sad?" she said, looking sadly at him and slightly squeezing his cheeks.

Dylan swallowed hard, his heart clenching. "It's nothing," he whispered, head hung in shame while his fingers drew nonsensical patterns on the ground.

"No, tell me," Miray looked desperately at him.

Dylan was hardly breathing, it felt suffocating. The words were stuck in his throat, begging to be let out. "It's just stupid," He managed to choke out.

"Why is Dylan sad," Miray insisted, tears running down her face nonstop.

"I-I just... I don't know, I'm... I guess I'm just l-lonely." Dylan stuttered pathetically, blinking his watery eyes. "I just don't have anyone. No parents, no siblings, no family... I hate it." He added, sobbing again shamefully.

He wanted to stop crying and pretend that everything was terrific like he always did, but this time, for some reason, it was tough... unusually tough.