{Chapter 82}

Double updates!

Don't forget to VOTE 💜

Miray swam next to Ren and Rayan, "Why you're not getting inside?" she asked softly.

"Rayan is interested in the sand," Ren said with heavy sarcasm, glaring at Rayan, who refused to get inside.

In fact, Ren was angry at himself more than mad at Rayan.

Whether he wanted to swim in sand or wind wasn't his business.

Why did he choose to stay with him?

It's not like they were friends - Ren thought frustratingly.

"Oh!" Miray's mouthwas in a pout, "We can swim here too~" she added when she saw Rayan's expression fall.

Ren folded his arms and rolled his eyes.

This was getting ridiculous.

"Rayan," Miray called hesitantly, unsure where to begin, "Do you know how to swim?" she asked softly, trying not to upset him.

Rayan's breath hitched, his ears turning red, "I know how to swim!" he replied angrily, his voice unnecessarily loud.

Seeing the choking expression on Miray's face, Rayan quickly apologized and dropped his eyes to the floor.

What the hell is wrong with him?

Why did he yell at Miray?

How did he even dare!?

Rayan wanted to punch his face and cut his skin.

He did something bad, and he deserved punishment.

He wanted to be punished.

Miray glanced at Ren, who was looking at Rayan with a big scowl, then she looked back at Rayan.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." She offered a little embarrassed smile, "There's nothing wrong with not knowing how to swim... Miray didn't learn until recently." she added, voice sad and low and Rayan felt his heart sink.

He was silent, drowning in shame and regrets.

He had no right to yell at her.

Rayan wanted her to hurt him back.

She should tell her brothers, they would definitely punish him.

He needed to be hurt... now.

Rayan's heartbeat was slowly picking up pace, his hands were getting cold.

Just when he was going to get another panic attack right in front of their faces, two tiny hands wrapped around him, pulling him into a hug.

And just like that, the panic attack crawled back.

"I'm sorry," Miray whispered, pulling away and tilting her head, "Can you forgive me?" she asked, looking adorably hopeful.

Rayan shakily lifted his eyes, breathing shakily, and nodded.

He didn't even understand what was happening.

Like always, his brain forced his head to nod every time Miray began her sentence with "Can" or "May" or any yes or no question. 

"Whatever," Ren grunted, looking annoyed. "Let's go," he added, looking at Rayan suspiciously.

He really didn't like the boy.