{Chapter 8}

❤ please vote and comment ❤

^  Miray's picture ❣

When Vince, Miray, and Ren entered the living room, Damian immediately felt something was wrong. Vince's jaw was clenched, his eyes hard. Miray buried her head in his shoulder and had her tiny hands wrapped around his neck. Ren's eyes were red, and both hands tightly clenched. What the heck?

"What's wrong?" he finally voiced his thoughts, looking at Vince, who had now sat next to him.

"Your dad," Vince replied curtly, anger still in his voice. He was trying so hard to control his anger for his sister's sake. If only he wasn't his dad too...

Damian raked his hands through his hair in frustration, "What did he do this time?" his eyes shot to Miray. She was still burying her face into her brother's shoulder in a desperate search for comfort.

"Hey, sweetheart, are you okay?" Damian cooed in a soft voice, stroking her hair gently.

Miray pulled back, sniffling. She looked up at Damian and nodded, "I'm okay." She murmured. She didn't want to worsen things between her father and her brothers. A big fight would start between them whenever something like this happened, and she despised it.

The resigned sadness in her eyes brought a pang to Damian's heart.

Vince felt breathless with anger seeing the bruise on her arm. He was trying so hard to fight the chaos of his rage.

"Come here, love," Damian said softly, trying to pull her into his arms. But Vince pulled them back, shaking his head. He needed her. He was losing his mind right now, and he needed her. Maybe even more than she needed him.

Damian kissed her tiny hand and sighed deeply his whole chest heaving, but kept quiet.

Vince was glad when Miray hugged him once more. He kissed her temple, then leaned in to kiss her arm, where a small bruise was forming. He gently stroked her back while holding her closer. He wished he could take away anything in the future that would hurt her. He wished he could either hide her in his ribcage - away from everyone- or rip out the heart of anyone who dares to hurt her.

He wasn't sure where this overprotective instinct had come from. There is no doubt that he loved this sweet creature from the beginning, but at some point, his love for her became addictive.

He still remembers when Miray was born, how he was afraid of her. He was frightened to approach her. She was so small, so fragile, he was scared to even touch her.

Then came that phase when she was unbearable with her endless screams. Although he was annoyed by her screaming, he still loved his sister.

Now that he thought about it, maybe his obsession started when she first said his name? Or when she grabbed his hands with her tender fingers? Or when she hugged him for the first time with her tiny, cute arms?

Perhaps it was the look in her doe eyes? And how her eyes always sparkled like diamonds whenever she looked at him. Or how brightly she smiled whenever he was with her. He couldn't comprehend how someone as innocent and pure as his sister could be happy with his dark presence.

Nonetheless, Vince loved the details of his little sister. He loved how she would always sit next to him whenever she sensed his low mood ~ Which was most of the time ~ and she wouldn't say anything.

She would sit next to him silently, holding his hand and playing with his fingers, kissing his cheek, or just leaning on him. As if she wanted to tell him she was there, next to him. Sometimes, Vince thought of his sister as a puppy. Always snuggling next to him and cheering him up.

Steven stroked Ren's dirty-blond hair, pushing it gently off his forehead. "What's wrong, babe" He whispered gently. He didn't want his brother to go back to square one. Although Ren was angry, Steven was glad his brother showed any emotions - even if it was anger.

Steven was elated when his brother began expressing his emotions. These two years have been very hard on their family. After losing their mother in a tragic accident, they equally lost the joy and happiness of his little brother along the way. His little brother has gone through a hard time. He hadn't talked to anyone for so long that they started losing hope. Neither he nor his father wanted to put too much pressure on him because they knew that what he went through was not easy at all. Watching your mother being killed in front of his eyes is a horrific experience that no one should ever go through.

In fact, this was the main reason for his delay in enrolling in kindergarten. It took a long time and a lot of persuasions to convince his brother to attend kindergarten.

At the same time, Luke went through the same dilemma with his younger sister. She refused to go to kindergarten because- Well, she wanted to sleep instead. She did not like the idea of ​​getting up early in the morning to go to a noisy place full of children. It was very tough to convince her. In fact, Damien and Vince complied with her, and had it not been for Luke's insistence, she would not have gone to kindergarten.

The only reason that convinced the three was that no one was there to watch over her and care for her in their absence. All of them did not trust bringing a babysitter, especially with their father around. Nevertheless, Vince insisted on not forcing her to go and trying to persuade her first until she agreed.

Eventually, after a month's absence, Miray finally agreed to go. Especially after their maid left to attend the funeral of her son and wife and bring her grandson.

Surprisingly enough, Ren chose the same day to succumb to the entreaties of his brother and father.

Thus, the two met in the nursery, and for some reason that no one else knows, Ren finally talked and even smiled.

Steven couldn't believe his brother had spoken to him two days after attending kindergarten. If he had known that going to the kindergarten would have solved his speaking problem, he would have enrolled him long ago.

He doesn't know what Miray did to make his brother come back to life, but he will always be grateful to her.

Ren just shrugged, looking down at his lap. He didn't want to talk about it. He was still thinking about how he failed again to protect his loved ones.

Steven kissed the top of his head and dropped the subject. The last thing he wanted was to make his brother more upset. He will try to talk to him later when they get alone.

Luke called from the kitchen, and they all went to the kitchen.

❣ please don't forget to vote ❣

❣ See you ❣