{Chapter 83}

Hi~!

The triple update is here!

Guys, don't forget to vote on chapters 81 and 82... ʚ♡ɞ

In the evening, the boys sat around a bonfire on the beach, drinking some juice and telling some jokes.

Noah was leaning his head against Damian, trying his best to keep his eyes open.

Miray was on Luke's lap, sharing his jacket, and only her head was uncovered. Luke's arms circled her middle, his head on her shoulder, keeping her warm.

Miray was about to drift off to sleep when a familiar voice interrupted.

"Luke?!" someone called, voice hoarse with shock.

Everyone looked at the man approaching them, followed by a woman and two boys.

Miray felt Luke's chest stiffen behind her.

She peeked at him, noticing the mixture of emotions flickering across his face.

For a moment, everyone kept quiet.

"I can't believe it! Out of all places, we meet here!" The man exclaimed, sounding genuinely happy.

Miray turned to look at the man again, he sounded familiar... but she couldn't remember who he was.

The dim lighting wasn't helping as well.

"Oh my, it's Mira! How are you doing, sweety." A woman cooed beside him, smiling at Miray.

They both had weird accents, revealing they weren't English speakers.

Luke cleared his throat and finally met the man's gaze, "Adam." He nodded, acknowledging. "Indeed, it's very bizarre... meeting you here," he added, voice stiff.

Adam? Miray's eyebrows furrowed cutely as she tried to figure out the puzzle. She looked at him again, and he was now standing right next to the bonfire with a big soft smile.

"Uncle Adam!" She suddenly squealed in delight, standing up and trying to reach him.

A cold feeling snaked down Luke's spine as he unzipped his jacket to free his sister, who immediately jumped into Adam's arms, kissing his cheeks and telling him how she missed him.

Vince's stomach suddenly felt tighter as he watched the scene in front of his eyes.

And it seemed like all three brothers weren't fans of this 'uncle Adam'.

Adam was Miray's uncle from her mom's side. He was her mother and Alison's half-brother. But that's not the reason why the brothers didn't like him.

When Miray was only a few months old, Adam had a big fight with Arthur, and without even talking it out with the boys, he went to court and asked for Miray's custody.

It was so cruel.

Adam was planning to take their sister to a different country, far away from her brothers.

That's why the brothers only liked Alison from Miray's mom's side. Because although Alison agreed with Adam that Arthur was incompetent and mistreated Miray, she didn't approve of taking Miray away from her brothers.

Alison decided to side with the brothers and convinced Adam to let it go.

She didn't trust Arthur at all, but she trusted Luke and Damian. They called her, begging her to stop Adam, promising her they would protect Miray with their lives.