{Chapter 73}

Hey!

YEY! It's a double update...

Guys, I stayed up almost all night yesterday... don't disappoint me :c

Engage and give some feedback, I like reading your thoughts!!

───── ❝ Fade to Black ❞ ─────

Cold.

The night was cold and windy as the boy walked through the empty streets... alone.

He tugged on his thick coat as another cold wind swept over him.

At least he had a warm coat now - he thought idly.

He sighed exasperatedly and raked a hand through his dark hair, gazing at his reflection on the glass door.

He did it again.

No matter how hard he tried to stop himself... he always failed miserably.

His legs would instinctively bring him to this place... forcibly.

She's not here -  his mind kept repeating irritatingly, hoping his body and heart would finally get it.

His hand reached into his pocket, and he pulled out the card.

Luke Evans.

Above Luke's name was a name written in terrible handwriting.

Miray~

The boy's thumb ran over the word, his sad eyes gazing into the name.

He closed his colorful eyes and inhaled deeply.

His mind took him back to that night... the night he was about to let go, but instead, he decided to cling to life as hard as he could.

He kept imagining the little girl's features... wanting to carve her features in his mind.

Her soft, long hair.

Her cute and tiny refined nose.

Her rosy cheeks.

Her chocolate eyes burned with warmth and kindness.

Her pure, gentle smile... full of love, compassion, and goodness.

Just thinking about the girl made something warm bloom in his chest, making his heart pound wildly.

This was now his routine.

Whenever he felt lonely, he would always close his eyes and think of the little girl who saved his life with her kindness.

He still couldn't understand how someone could be so thoughtful, considerate, and kind at a very young age.

Everything about her was kind and beautiful.

The way she respectfully and nicely offered him food while respecting his self-esteem.

How she joined him... and ate with him, not wanting him to eat alone.

How she talked to him like he was someone who... mattered.

How she smiled at him innocently, making his heart shudder.

And then... when she hugged him...

Even after all this time, the boy couldn't come up with an explanation for how that hug made him feel.