{Chapter 97}

Triple update!!

I just finished this one and didn't want to let you wait~

The next chapter is the last one~ *Cries* (I haven't written it yet, but I will try to make it into one chapter)

Don't forget to vote and comment I enjoy reading your comments a lot~!! 💜

"WE FOUND HER,"

Luke was the first to run toward the tree, his heartbeats beating crazily. Damian followed behind, his heart leaping in his throat.

Vince's soul left his body as he crawled on his hands and knees before sprinting to his feet, his whole body shaking.

The medical team got the body out, and everyone's breath hitched, and their hearts sank.

Vince froze, feeling light-headed and dizzy. He wanted to get closer, yet his legs and arms felt like lead.

He couldn't move.

Numb, dazed, and without a clue how he was even moving, Damian and Luke took shaky steps forward until they stood in front of his sister's body.

Was it even her?

The brothers couldn't even recognize their sister.

If not for Kaiden's bracelet that survived with her, nothing looked like her.

Nothing looked like a kid's body.

One of the staff took the bracelet off as it was blocking blood circulation since her whole body was inflated like a balloon.

Damian's heart felt like it was slowing down, his head spun, the taste of bile rose to his mouth, and he swallowed hard.

He bit his lips harshly, the bitter taste of fear lingering as he tasted his blood. He sobbed hard against his hand covering his mouth, feeling utterly terrified.

Miray's condition was absolutely heartbreaking and terrifying. Her body was blue and limp, covered in blood and dirt.

Her face...

Oh God, her face was swollen like she was beaten black and blue.

S-she was...

Damian choked on a sob, breath catching in his throat, and he looked at the ambulance crew who swung into action to resuscitate her.

"She still has a pulse, hurry up!" One of the medical staff declared, signaling his colleagues to bring the stretcher quickly.

Everything happened in a blur, and the boys felt like they were floating.

Nothing seemed real.

Voices, scents, policemen, medical crew, dogs, rain.

Was it raining?

Or was it just their tears flooding?

Vince reached for her hand, his face bright red and streaking with tears.

God, she was freezing that Vince felt like he was touching cold metal.

And her hand... it was nothing like Miray's delicate familiar one.

This hand he was holding was swollen, harmed, damaged...

They placed her on the stretcher and hurried toward the ambulance, the brothers rushing after them, their eyes never leaving their sister's sight.