{Chapter 12}

Please don't forget to vote <3

It means a lot to see people appreciating my work (of course, only if you liked the chapter :p)

Luke, Noah, and Mrs. Sara entered the kitchen just as they finished their snacks. "Hello, little princess," Mrs. Sarah said, looking lovingly at the little girl jumping from the stool - carefully as she didn't want to anger her brother again- and ran towards her with wide-open arms, "Miss Sarah!!" She squealed happily!

Sarah kneeled to her level and hugged her tightly; she really missed her. "How are you doing, my darling?" She pulled away slightly, looking at her fondly.

"I'm good; I'm sorry for your loss," Miray said quietly; there was a tinge of sadness in her voice.

Sarah loved that the most about this girl; she was highly considerate despite her young age. "Thank you, dear." She said, caressing her cheeks tenderly. 

"Do you feel hungry, baby?" Luke asked his sister, walking towards the fridge and grabbing a water bottle.

"Vince made my favorite dessert," Miray beamed at her brother. She then yawned sleepily, rubbing her eyes.  She always felt sleepy after eating.

Luke chuckled fondly at his sister and carried her, kissing her cheek, "Already sleepy?" He cooed,  holding her with one arm and gently pulling her hands from her eyes with his other hand.

Miray nodded, yawning again. And Luke smiled at his sister; she yawned like a tiny kitten. "Let's get you to your bed then; you can take a nap," He said, walking out of the kitchen, but Vince stopped him.

"Give her to me; she can sleep in the living room while we play," He said, grabbing her from his hold and calling Noah to follow him. He didn't want to break his promise to Noah. But he also knew his sister hated sleeping alone... at least not until she drifted to sleep.

Luke rolled his eyes but handed her to him; his brother clung to her like a leech.

"Rayan, you can also come to play with us." Miray called.

Rayan shook his head at first, but his grandma looked at him disapprovingly. So he just stood up and followed them.

Sarah didn't want her grandson to end up alone. She already knew he was naturally an introverted person even before the accident. He rarely talked to people or showed any emotions. Even to his family, he liked to keep his feelings to himself. But now, with the accident... he became more distant, and she thought that if he socialized with the Evans sibling, he might grow more sociable. Especially with Miray, she just had this gift of making people at ease.

Vince sat his sister next to him while Noah turned on the Xbox and handed him the remote play. They started playing, and Rayan dismissed Noah's offer and preferred just to watch.

Miray sat her head on her brother's tight, watching them play. Vince stroked her hair from time to time, and she felt her eyelids getting more heavy, and at one moment, she peacefully drifted off to sleep.

"YES!! I WON." Noah shouted in victory, making Miray flinch in her sleep, and Luke entered the room at that moment.

Vince looked at his brother, making a shushing gesture raising his finger to his lips, "Stop shouting,"  he reminded, then he looked at him challengingly, "Get your arse ready; it's just the start,"

Luke sighed and reached for his sister, "I'll take her to her room," he said, picking her up gently and rubbing her back soothingly, whispering sweet nothings in her ear.