{Chapter 10}

Once they reached upstairs, Damian carried his sister upside down. "Time for your bath, you little stink." He teased, sniffing her and pulling a face, making Miray erupt into laughter.

"Dami, Put me down!" Miray giggled, hitting his back lightly.

"Uh uh, no way," He twirled them on the way to her bathroom, enjoying her angelic laugh. It brought joy to his heart.

He entered her bathroom and sat her on the countertop. "Stay here for a moment, bunny," He said, pinching her nose lightly.

He walked to the bathtub, reached forward, and opened the water, adjusting it to a warm temperature.

A smile swept across his face when he turned back towards his sister. She was putting her hands under her thighs and swinging her legs absentmindedly. God, he has the most beautiful, sweet, cute little sister in the whole world. "You will make my heart explode, darling!" He sighed, feeling a surge of happiness bloom in his chest just by looking at her. She was the most precious thing in his life, and he didn't know what to do with himself. He felt like hugging her forever and never letting go. 

He stepped closer to her until he was right in front of her; his big arms engulfed her in a tight hug. For a moment, he was overwhelmed with a pang of homesickness.

Miray wrapped her tiny arms around his waist, and Damian tightened his hold. This was the thing he loved most about his sister. She never questioned when someone needed a hug, a kiss, or any kind of affection. She would return it and make you feel loved and secure.

He kissed her cheek and forced himself to let go. He needed to bring her pajama and bathe her. He will have more time to hug afterward. She was all his tonight.

"Yes, the bath. Let's get you ready." He sighed, reminding himself. "I will bring your pajamas. Do you have any preference, your majesty?" He smiled at her, kissing her cheek once, twice, and for the third time. He had no control, and no one could blame him; she had the most kissable cheeks. He could kiss her chubby cheeks for his whole life, and he will never get enough of it.

Miray just shrugged in reply, too lazy to answer in words. She felt tired and drenched.

"Okay, lazy bean, wait here. I will bring your clothes and come back. Capeesh?" He kissed her cheek one more time and went out after she nodded, smiling at the foreign word.

Damian quickly came back with her cute onesie pajama. "Alright, let's get you cleaned, little cub,"  He said, reaching under her dress and peeling it off. His eyes flared with anger when he saw the light bruise on her wrist. "Baby, where did you get that from?" He asked, trying to keep his anger at bay.

 Miray looked at where his hands caressed her wrist, "I don't remember," she lied, trying to hide the bruise. Damian knew his sister was lying. He knew his sister all too well. He even could detect her emotions just from her voice tone. For him, she was an open book. But he didn't want to pressure her. He already guessed who did that and -God- how it made him angry.

He tucked his hands under her armpits and lifted her with no effort, and laid her down in the warm bath.

Miray relaxed in the warm water and started playing with the water. Damian didn't like the resigned sadness in her chocolate eyes as she moved her hands on the water absentmindedly.

Usually, Miray was a chatty kid, she would always chat his ears off, and he enjoyed that the most. She was a good storyteller.

"Dami.." Miray said in a small voice. At first, Damian thought he just imagined it.