{Chapter 89}

Hola comment allez-vous?

Don't forget to vote ──❥

Enjoy!

.

.

.

.

.

When dinner's time came, and the brothers still didn't come home, Miray's and Noah's hope diminished.

Why weren't they here yet?

Did they... had they abandoned them?

Did they not know where the new house was?

And no matter how many times Noah asked his father, the latter just shrugged and changed the topic.

Noah was glad that at least nothing big happened and everything went smoothly. His father didn't bother Miray that much...

Well...

Except for the small incident at the dinner.

From Noah's perspective, his father wasn't wrong.

Neither was Miray...

It was just an accident.

While they were dining, Arthur noticed Miray wasn't eating and was just playing with her food, which pissed him off.

He told her to eat all the food on her plate, and Miray glanced helplessly at Noah, who nodded encouragingly.

Miray had no choice but to surrender, and she started stuffing her mouth with food, feeling her stomach clenching with each mouthful until she threw up.

Miray felt sick, dirty, and terrified.

Everyone was disgusted and annoyed, though both Noah and Barbara interfered before Arthur could lose his mind.

While Barbara distracted her husband, Noah took Miray to the bathroom and helped her take her dirty clothes and have another bath.

He felt utterly disgusted and was about to throw up too.

Noah didn't want to touch her dirty clothes, he didn't want to give her a bath, and he definitely didn't want to have this big responsibility.

This was just one day, and Noah hoped his brothers would come back soon because he was already exhausted.

Nevertheless, Noah did help her out because he knew she had no one else, and she was too young to do everything by herself.

Besides, Noah thought about how his brothers cared for him and Miray.

Maybe they also felt like him and didn't really want to do it, but they just did it anyway?

Another thing that bothered him was how his sister was quietly glued to him all the time.

She even followed him to the bathroom, refusing to leave his sight.

He didn't feel comfortable with that, especially in the toilet. It actually bothered him a lot, and he wanted to tell her off, but then one look at Miray's puppy eyes, and he would just let it go.

She was totally exaggerating and seemed to be even clingier than usual, but Noah reasoned she was acting that way because their brothers weren't there, and she felt scared.