{Chapter 16}

Good evening ❤

Hope you're having a great time/life.

Saturday morning, everyone woke up feeling drenched, like they were working out in their dreams.

The three brothers couldn't sleep peacefully, overthinking and trying to find a solution.

Around 4:30 am, Luke gave up trying to sleep and returned to his office after taking a long run and a cold shower.

At the police station, everyone was walking on eggshells around Luke. They all felt the negative energy radiating from him. The police were unable to find any trace of the man. He seems to have vanished without a trace.

The store's video footage wasn't helpful at all. The man was very cautious and knew how to bypass all the cameras. The only evidence they had was the man's car license plate number which Vince made sure to memorize.

Unfortunately, the car was found drowning in a lake the following day. Luke returned to take Vince with him to confirm if it was the same car. And indeed, Vince affirmed it was the same car. The boys were furious at the dead-end they came to. Which meant this man would escape with no consequences.

Luke called Damian, informing him about the news knowing he was waiting for his call. He only stayed home to look after Noah and Miray.

Damian ended the call and punched the wall beside him, startling Noah, who was coming down the stairs.

"What's wrong?" Noah asked, feeling something was going on. When he woke up, all of his brothers were acting off. And Damian has just punched a wall... Damian was never violent.

Damian's throat tightened, and he forced himself to swallow. He took a deep breath calming himself, and ran a hand over his hair, feeling skitty, like he needed to shout or run or do something. "Nothing to worry about; you can go to the kitchen first; Sarah and Rayan are already there; I'll go wake Miray up," He instructed, the tightness that gripped him from stomach to throat made his tone shorter than he meant it to be. He patted Noah's hair and went upstairs.

Noah knew he was lying but didn't want to pressure him. Hence, he did as he was told and headed toward the kitchen.

Once Damian entered his bedroom, his body immediately relaxed, his heartbeat slowed down, and his frown disappeared. Instead, he smiled fondly at Miray's sleeping position. She was sleeping on her side, hands in prayer and tucked under her cheek, lips slightly open as though awaiting Prince charming's kiss. She almost looked like a motionless sleeping angel.

"Rise and shine!" Damian sang, opening the curtain and letting the lights in.

Miray groaned, hiding her head under the covers.

Damian chuckled, walking to the bed, "Wake up, girl, it's 10 am!" He pulled one of her feet and started massaging it softly. He was relieved when he felt it was warm.

"No, I want to sleep," She moaned, taking her feet back under the covers.

"Love, you will have a headache if you sleep more." Damian pulled her feet again, "We only have two days together until next week; let's eat breakfast, then we can play something together?" He suggested hopefully.

Miray peeked from the covers; she loved when Damian was at home. And although she still wanted to sleep more... she sat up, choosing Damian over sleep... That was a big thing.

"Okay," she said, yawning and rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

Damian couldn't help the cuteness; he knew how much she loved to sleep. So her choosing to wake up to spend time with him meant a lot to him. He pulled her tiny body into his lap and started tickling her gently.