{Chapter 11}

❦ Don't forget to Vote ❦

After saying goodbye to the Williams brothers, Vince was about to get out when Luke's car drove past him and opened the window, "Where are you going? I can drive you," He suggested.

Vince put his hands on his pockets and shrugged. "No need, I'm not going too far, and I need the fresh air. You can go first."

Luke sighed as he stepped out of his car; he knew precisely where Vince was heading. Whenever he got angry, he would attend the underground fight clubs. It was his coping mechanism. And today, their father has evoked their anger with his intolerable behavior towards Miray. Luke and Damian already learned how to control their anger, but Vince... Vince was very aggressive and didn't know how to control himself. The only way he could ride off his anger was through violence. Either he beats up someone or gets himself beaten up.

Luke held Vince's shoulders and looked directly into his eyes, "Listen, I know what you're up to, but don't. At least not today; your cut is still fresh." He reminded. "You need to relax," He added, seeing how stiff Vince was.

"Don't freaking tell me to relax." Vince almost shouted. "What are we waiting for? For him to beat her up? He already started getting physical!" Vince shoved his brother's hands off his shoulders and started pacing.

"What do you mean he started getting physical?" Luke asked carefully, not sure if he wanted to hear the answer.

Vince ran a hand through his hair, frustrated with himself and angry that he couldn't stop his father from hurting Miray. "He grabbed her hand and bruised her write, that man has lost his damn mind, and I won't just sit and watch him abusing her." He practically growled. His chest was clenched so tight that he felt physical pain.

Luke cursed under his breath, "She didn't tell me anything," he whispered, furrowing his brow. He knew his dad hated Miray, but he didn't imagine he'll ever get physical.   

"Of course, she won't tell you; she didn't tell me either. I just saw the bruise, and she didn't even want to say it was him who did it. You know how she is; she is afraid that this will cause a problem between him and us. She is afraid that he will hurt us if she tells us!" Vince's eyes grew angry again.

"Okay, relax; I'll take care of it," Luke said, rubbing his temples. He started having a headache.

Vince eyed him skeptically. "How?" 

Luke sighed and put his hands on his hips; this was not how he planned for this. "I was planning to buy a house and move out. All of us together. I just need more time to arrange things."

"And do you think your father will let us take her? And Noah?" Vince argued, feeling a pressure beginning to build behind his eyes

"I don't see why he won't let us take her; he clearly doesn't want her." Luke didn't know who he was reassuring, Vince or himself.

Vince scoffed, "That man is sick; hurting her is his new favorite hobby."

Luke looked at his watch, noticing he was running late, "Okay, let's discuss this later. Just- don't go there today; you'll get Miray and Noah worried if you come back with bruises. And you promised Noah to play with him tomorrow." Luke looked at him pointedly. He knew that Miray and Noah were Vince's weaknesses, and he didn't mind using them from time to time, especially when his brother was putting himself in danger.

Vince sighed, defeated. "I will just take a run around the park." He said and then rolled his eyes at the skeptical look on Luke's face. "I'm not lying; I will just take a run." He promised, "I just need to calm down. Otherwise, I'll just go back and punch him." He admitted.