{Chapter 9}

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing great!

Please vote and comment if you like it ^^.

As everyone entered the kitchen, Damian went to help his brother to set the table while the others sat around it.

Miray sat straddling Vince's thigh, resting her head on his chest while her hands played with their wedding necklace.

"Nice seeing you, Mr.Black. How are you doing recently?" Steven teased, attempting to change the gloomy mood. And only then did Vince notice the presence of the guests.

"Good," Vince replied casually.

"I'm good too, thanks for asking." Steven he said, sarcasm lacing his words. He already knew that Vince wasn't a welcoming person. In fact, Steven has never seen him smile or show emotions except with his siblings.

"No one asked." Vince smirked, relaxing a little bit.

"What a nice necklace." Steven noted, shifting his attention to Miray.

Miray's hand paused for a moment and looked up at Steven. A small smile found its way to her lips and warmed her eyes at the memory.

She reached for her necklace covered by her dress and proudly showed it to Steve. "We have matching necklaces! It has our marriage rings!" She smiled so hard her dimples popped, making Vince leans over, kissing her dimples.

That caught Rin's attention, and just as he was about to tell her again how wrong it was, he stopped himself just in time when he remembered what had happened earlier. Hence, he approached the matter differently, saying calmly, "You can't marry your brother." When he saw the anxious look in her eyes, he clarified, "Brothers and sisters cannot marry because they have the same blood."

Miray shifted her gaze from Ren to Vince, eyes skeptical. "We can't?" she asked, and Vince could hear the pout in her voice.

"We can, and we already did," Vince replied, affectionately rubbing their noses.

"You can't. Do you even know what marriage is?" Noah scoffed, glaring at his sister. Vince stared at his brother intensely but didn't comment.

"But~" She pursed her lips in a pout. Why was everyone against their marriage? Can't she have at least one person forever? Wasn't that what all marriage is about? To love and to be loved? To live forever and always with the person you love. If it was up to her, she would marry all the persons she loved to have them for life. But, since her teacher said she only could marry once, she would happily have Vince.

"Why did you choose Vince anyway?" Stephen asked when he saw that Noah was about to intervene again.

Miray looked at him as if he had asked the dumbest question in the world "Because I love him." She replied easily. Duh.

"Hey, what about me? I don't approve of this. You can't show favoritism unless I was your favorite." Damian teased, only half-joking.

You see, Damien has been worried lately. He was worried from the moment he left home to go to college that his little sister would get used to his absence and he wouldn't become an important person in her life. He knew how children get over people easily.

Besides, wasn't there a famous saying, "Out of sight, out of mind" and "Away from eyes, away from the heart." He looked lovingly at his precious baby sister and felt a pang in his heart. Will she ever no longer feel attached to him?

"I love you too," Miray told him sincerely.

And Damian knew she loved him. He really knew. But he couldn't stop feeling that there would come a time when she would love other people more than him. A time when he will just become a friendly relative who visits the house from time to time. And that frightened him the most.