{Chapter 72}

Hey~

.

.

.

Enjoy, and don't forget to vote and give some feedback? 🥰~

.

.

.

.

Luke parked his car beside Steve's, and the siblings walked out of the car and stood together.

The boys were attracting a lot of attention... attention they were used to and didn't want.

"There you are, losers. Took you forever," Steve joked, trying to lighten up the mood as he noticed how Miray's smile faded, and she seemed to go back to square one.

Looking troubled and uncomfortable.

"Hey~" Damian greeted absentmindedly, his eyes trained on his sister.

The siblings had a whole silent conversation, contemplating their next move.

"Hey love, how are you feeling?" Luke took the lead, crouching down to Miray's level.

To his dismay, Miray again took a step backward and refused to meet his eyes.

She just shrugged, feeling extremely uneasy.

Luke tried not to take it to heart.

They all felt bad for the situation they were stuck in... it was affecting everyone, but mostly Miray and Noah.

"Baby, the place is crowded, so would you like if I carried you?" Luke asked softly, reaching out for Miray, only to have her shrink away further.

Luke's hand froze in its place.

"No!" Miray's voice sounded panicked, and it broke Luke's heart. He tried to mask the hurt, but it was almost impossible at this point.

Miray's eyes found his for a moment, and she felt bad for almost yelling, "I-I," she looked down, fiddling with her hands, seeming utterly nervous. "Miray will hold hands with Ren and Rayan," she said, not meeting his gaze.

Rayan and Ren's hearts warmed up; meanwhile, Noah felt his chest constrict.

She never mentioned him...

You deserve it - Noah's inner voice mocked.

"Love, Ren, and Rayan are also kids," Luke replied, trying to keep his voice gentle.

"Miray will hold hands with Steve," she declared, finding that to be the best solution.

Without giving her brothers time to reply, Miray ran toward Steve, took his hand, and gazed up at him, widening her eyes innocently. "Pleease?" she pleaded.

"Of course," Steve replied without thinking.

Steve always wondered how his baby brother was utterly infatuated and obsessed with Miray...

However, Steve never blamed him because Miray was like a fairy.

Once she got to someone's heart... she took over.

Realizing that he agreed without discussing it with the boys, Steve looked at Luke apologetically.

"Okay..." Luke sighed and stood up, rubbing a hand wearily through his hair.