-I hate you- Scarlett X Daughter

Lizzie offered to drive me home from school as mom had work, even though mom and I are going out when she gets home I still took Lizzie up on the offer. It was that or wait 2 hours, I just made sure that Lizzie had to call my mom to let her know.

Moments after she call my mom but she isn't the one who picks up, some guy picks it up. "Hello?" Lizzie says when the phone gets picked up "Hello, who is this?" The guy says "This is Elizabeth, what are you doing with Scarlett's phone?" She asks him, but he didn't answer he just hung up. Weird, "call her," she says "what?" I ask confused "call her from your phone, it could've just been the wrong number," she says hopefully "Liz, you called her" She sighs "can you just call her, please" And so I did.

"Hey honey, everything okay?"

 "yeah, Lizzie came and picked me up," I looked over at Lizzie who looked like she where about to cry.

 "Perfect, I'll be home in two hours tops." She tells me and then says she has to get back to work, so I hang up and let her go.

"Liz, are you okay?" I ask her as she pulls into the driveway.

"yeah, just go inside. You have your keys?" She asks me.

"Uh, yeah in my bag" she pulls into the driveway and unlocks the car, I step out and wave her off before I walk inside.

"Mom," I say and she hums in response "who is Daniel?" 

"Who?" She says her hands are starting to sweat, and her grip on the starting wheel are turning her knuckles white.

"This guy picked up the phone when Lizzie called you, said his name was Andrew. Who is he?" She looked at me quickly then back on the road.

 "and Lizzie spoke with him?" She ask sadness filling her voice 

"yeah, and then she sat in the car for a minute and I think she cried" fuck is the only thing she says "mom, what did you do?" I ask and then we got back home, she stepped out of the car and walked inside, I hurried after and she went into her bedroom and closed the door after her.

Third person POV

"Mom," The young teenager call from her room hoping to gain her mom's attention, failing to gain the attention she gets up from her bed and walks out into the hallway, and makes her way down the stairs. "Mom?" She calls out again, still unsuccessful. Reaching the bottom of the stairs the house feels empty, "mom?" She calls out a third time a little louder, but still, with no success.

Sighing she walks into the kitchen, walks to the fridge grabbing a bottle of water, she turns around and notices the note on the counter with her name on it, weird, she thinks, and decides to ignore it. After an hour of sitting by the kitchen counter staring at the note, deciding whether to open and read it, she grabs it and skims it over.

The words that stick out are 'sorry' 'Daniel' 'Lizzie' 'relationship' and 'mistake' as most of those words make her sick she decides the tear it up and throws it out not wanting to hear her mother's poor excuses. She grabs her phone and calls the only person she thinks of who would know who Andrew is, Chris Evans, her mom's best friend since 2004.

As Evans picks up he doesn't even get to say hello before he is interrupted "Evans, you and my mom have been friends for a very long time, and you know everything about her, right?" She asks him 

"Yeah, we have and yes I would say I do. Why?" He responds a little confused. 

"Well, then you might be able to tell me who Daniel is" he stutters a little and stays silent 

"no, I can't, that is your mother's business and I'm not going to get involved, sorry kid," He tells her and the girl sighs in disappointment.

"Chris, please, I just need to know if I need to panic and blow her phone up," he again stays silent for a few moments.