- Mom - Nat X Daughter

Fluff, that's it, that's what this chapter is about :>

"Hey darling," Mom kisses the top of my head as she walks past me laying on the couch reading my book. "How was LA?" I ask her, she walks to the kitchen and places her bag on the counter, "It was good actually, I stopped the bad guy, ate some food, had some walks, and then I hopped on my plane home and here I am," She tells me, mhm, I respond with not really listening.

"You're not listening to me right now are you?" She asks me and makes herself a cup of coffee, "Not really, let me read this last part and you will have all of my attention," I tell her and track the lines I am reading with my finger. 

"And, done, now I am listening, so tell me, how was LA?" I ask her and look at her over the back of the couch, "Well, it was fine, didn't do much," She says and shrugs her shoulders, "Liar," I say and she looks at me, "It was fine, now I am gonna go to my room and shower and when I get back down here I better see you, Wanda and Peter making dinner," She demands and walk to the elevator to get to our floor.

"Wanda!" I yell after her, "What? And don't yell at me I'm not a dog," She tells me and walks over to me, "We are cooking dinner tonight," I tell her and she rolls her eyes, "As if Steve is getting me to cook dinner for the whole team plus like six more people," She protested, "I would've said the same if Steve was the one who told us too," I added, she glances over at me and waits for me to add whoever told us to cook. 

"My mom told us to cook, with Peter," I confirm and she takes a deep breath and falls back onto the couch, "Hey guys!" Peter walks in cheerfully, "We're cooking tonight," Wanda informs him. "For us three only? That's weird," He muttered, "Nope, for everyone, plus Pepper, Rhodey, You, Tchalla, Shuri, Banner, Carol, and Monica. Hey, that's 8!" I cheer and hit Wanda in the shoulder but calm down when I realize how many people we are cooking for. 

"I'm suggesting we make spaghetti, that's the easiest dish to cook for that many people," Wanda suggests, both Peter and I agree with her and we all start, Wanda, put me and Peter in charge of the pasta, and setting the table while she cooks the sauce. 

"It smells good down here," Mom announces as she walks down the stairs, "Wanda why aren't the other two helping you?" She asks Wanda, I glance over at them and Wanda makes eye contact with me, "I kicked them out of the kitchen, I put them in charge of making the pasta and they succeeded in burning the water, before putting in the pasta," She says and they both laugh. 

"Hey! I got my cooking skills from my mother so don't blame me," I yell after them, and mom shoots me a look, "Excuse you, I am a good cook, those cooking skills that you don't have are from your father," She snaps back at me. I scoff and look back at the game me and Peter are playing, "I'll help you, Wanda," Mom says and Wanda gives her some things to do. 

__

"That food was actually good," I say and look over at my mom, "shut it," she says and throws a pillow after me, I shriek and move out the way, "You want any water, or are you going to keep on throwing stuff at me?" I sass at her and walk to the fridge, "You wanna get grounded or stop insulting me?" She sasses back, "Right, water it is then," I tell her and grab two water bottles out of the fridge.

"So, what did you guys do when I wasn't here?" Mom asks me and Wanda, "Well we went on walks- Peter watch out, behind the truck." I start, we are all four sitting in the living room, Peter is sitting on the floor with his back against the couch playing a video game, I am sitting next to mom and Wanda is laying on the other couch. 

"We also went to the market," Wanda adds, "Don't forget the movies," Peter says, "And we backed cake, we went to the pet shop and said hello to all the puppies and kitties," I smile and mom look at me, "No, Nat we didn't bring home any animals," Wanda informs her which makes mom sigh in relief.

"Hey Nat," Peter says and hands Wanda the controller "Yes Peter?" Mom says and looks down at him still sitting on the floor, "Well, Y/n is your kid right?" He starts off, I look at him confused but don't say anything, "If she isn't then something isn't right, but yes, she is my kid," Mom says and starts parting my hair into two sections to braid it. 

"Not to be rude, but do you see me and Wanda as your kids?" He says, Wanda puts down the controller and look at my mom, I don't say a word and neither does she. I can even with my back turned to my mom feel her heart melt, "Well, I guess so, I don't know, I mean the three of you are always hanging out here or at my house in Malibu so you're always somehow around me, so yes, I do," She says and keeps braiding my hair. 

Peter makes a happy face at me and his eyes start to get a glance which tells me he might start crying, while Wanda's eyes also start to fill with tears, I pat the place on the sofa next to me for Wanda to move over here. She does and I hug her as best as I can with my mom braiding my hair. 

"If you guys start crying I'm gonna start feeling bad," Mom tells us, Wanda laughs and a tear falls out of her eye which she wipes away, Peter is quick to stand up and throw himself down onto me and Wanda which makes us all laugh. 

"I guess you've always kind of filled a motherly type of role in both mine and Peter's life to be completely honest, I mean Peter you have aunt May, but none of us have had a mom for a really long time, and I guess its like you Y/n when Nat isn't here and you have to move to Tony and Peppers place till the day she gets home, where even if you know your mom is coming back you still need that kind of parental love or whatever. So I guess you can say that Nat you've filled the mother role in both my and Peter's lives for as long as we've both been here. But that might just be me idk," Wanda says, the three of us look at my mom who is sitting there speechless looking at us.

"Mom, you good?" I ask her, she snaps back to reality and looks me in the eyes before looking over at both Wanda and Peter, "I would love to be your guys' mom whenever you need me to, now go back to playing" She says and a tear slips out of her eyes, I hug her and we all turn back to the game with Wanda still sitting with the controller.