Be better - Scarlett X Daughter

Tw: Vomit

Y/n is 16, Alexi is 10, and Lucas is 6. Alexi and Lucas are Scarlett and Colins and Y/n is only Scarlett's.

Y/n POV

"Morning honey!" Mom rushes into the kitchen and snatches a piece of toast from my plate, "I'm late so if you wouldn't mind bringing Lexi and Lucas to school, I'll be out for a few days, thanks, love you!" She yells as she hurries out the door and once again off to work.

"Morning to you too mom, oh by the way, Alexi has a swim meet tonight, just thought you wanna know, and Luca has a soccer thing tomorrow," I mumble in frustration and clean off my plate. Alexi and Lucas come down the stairs both ready for school only missing breakfast so they both sit at the table and start eating their food. "Morning monkeys," I say to both of them.

"Where is mom?" Lucas asks and looks over at me, I sigh knowing I'll need to let him down once again as this isn't the first time she's done this.

"She left for work, and won't be back for a few days so you're gonna have to deal with me for the next couple of days, and I don't know about dad," I say and ruffle my hand through his hair. Both he and Alexi look down at their plates in disappointment and I can out of the corner of my eyes see Alexi's eyes turn glossy and tearful. "Luca, if you're done eating go brush your teeth," I tell him, he puts his plate in the sink and goes to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

I kneel down over next to my little sister and wrap my arms around her. She almost immediately starts crying, she misses mom and I know Luca does too, "Love, it's okay," I tell her and kiss the side of her head. Her sobs become louder and Luca emerges from the bathroom, as soon as he sees Lexi in tears he starts crying too, I notice it and reach my arm out for him to walk over to us, and he does, and the three of us spend maybe ten minutes in the kitchen me trying to calm the two of them down before deciding on a final decision. "You're staying home today, we're all sick," I tell them and they both nod and agree.

After I finally got them both calmed down they went back to their rooms to get some more sleep and I texted dad to email the school so they're both allowed to stay home, and he of course, didn't question it so that was perfect.

I sat down on the couch and started binge watching whatever show I could find, and after around two hours Alexi came over and sat down with me, snuggling under my blanket and resting her head on my chest, and Luca came soon after and laid down on top of me under another blanket.

The simple thought of it being me and not my mom laying here with them breaks my heart, she should be the one who was at home with them, or dad, but they're both too busy, so I have to do it, which I don't mind, but still.

We stayed on the couch until Alexi had to go to that swim meet, and both me and Luca came with her and stayed till it ended at 8.30 pm, I drove us home and ordered pizza in the car which they were both very happy about, mom called me to check in and I decided not to tell her about the meet and also leave the part about Lucas's soccer thing tomorrow and that we all were sick today, and of course she had to rush off for something so I let her.

I put them both to bed after dinner and brushing their teeth and turned the lights off all around the house and turned on the alarm and went up to my room. "Y/n," A small whisper comes from my door and Lucas steps in.

"Come here monkey," I lift up my duvet and he jumps into bed next to me, "You okay monkey?" I ask him.

"Mhm, just wish mom was here," He mumbles and tightens his grip around me.

"Yeah, me too buddy," I say and kiss his temple. The little snores coming from him let's me know he has fallen asleep, and moments after I've turned my light off and fallen asleep.