- Birthday - Scarlett X Daughter

This story is short, but it's happy.

"Happy birthday Scarlett," Hemsworth congratulates me as he and his wife walk through my front door, today is my birthday, and I didn't really wanna have a party or anything, but Evans told me it would be a good idea to get my mind off all the stuff with Y/n.

"Scar, she's five she won't remember this anyways, plus she is with her father and Carrie so she is fine," Robert tries to comfort me but it isn't working, my mind is a totally other place and I can't stop thinking about her not being here.  It breaks my heart that she can't be here, but it isn't the first time that her father has kept her away from me on special occasions. 

"I know Robert, I just wish she could be here," I tell him, he hugs me and rubs my shoulders, "I know Scar, but isn't she coming over here next weekend?" He asks me, which yes she is, but I just wish she could be here on my birthday I always make sure she is with her father on his or any of her step siblings' birthdays, he just doesn't want to do the same for me. 

I have tried to talk with him about it before but he has never wanted to hear me out, he thinks it's good for her to be with kids her own age and not my friends when she is here, which hurts me a little as she loves my friends, and they love her, she loves hanging out with us when we go somewhere and we always make sure she is happy and comfortable with where we are going. 

"Yeah, she is," I tell him and he walks back to the rest of the group of people, I walk upstairs to my bedroom to breathe for a minute without getting interrupted. I take some breaths, put on my best smile, and walk down to the rest of the party. Just try and have fun Scarlett, as Robert said, you'll see her next week. I remind myself and join the others. 

Two hours later

Everybody has had a little to drink but not too much and is now hanging out in my yard sitting on the patio on the furniture. "Scarlett, get in here!" Someone yells after me, I get up and walk inside stumbling on the door frame but making it inside in one piece. "What's wrong?" Is the first thing I ask out of pure instinct. 

"Well, go open the door," Hunter smiles at me, "Hunter I am not in the mood for this," I tell him while walking over to the door. As soon as I open it a familiar face is standing in front of me, Lizzie, "Hey," I say and hug her, "Hey, hope I'm not too late, I just had to pick up someone on the way," She says, I look at her confused as she is the only person standing in front of me. 

"Right, child get over here please," She requests from someone, "Mommy!" My little girl yells at me as she runs towards me, "Hey honey, what are you doing here?" I ask her, she giggles and glances over at Lizzie, "Mama picked me up from Patrick's place," She smiles and looks over at Lizzie. Y/n calling Lizzie Mama shocks us both, "No sweetie, I'm not your mama," Lizzie tells the little girl in my arms, she pouts and looks at me. 

"Well, mommy told me that you should only kiss your girlfriend or boyfriend and I saw you guys last weekend," She tells us both while looking at us confused, I look over at Lizzie who is standing wide-eyed and looking at me. 

"Well, that is true," I say while trying to come up with something else to talk about, I hope none of the others heard what she just said about Lizzie and me as neither of us knew if anything would happen in the first place. 

 "Mommy, would you mind putting me down?" Y/n asks me, I do as she asks and she runs outside to where to others are sitting and the others sound quite surprised at her running out to them. 

"So uh, guess she knows about that," Lizzie says, "I'm so sorry Liz, I had no idea she would even-" I say and get interrupted by Liz placing her lips on mine, "It's fine, let's just hope she hasn't told the others by now," She laughs as she pulls away, "Yeah," I laugh, "And thank you, thank you, thank you for picking her up, I hope Patrick didn't give you too much trouble," I tell her and grabs her hand. 

"It was actually his wife that called me to pick her up, saying that no mother should be without her kids on her birthday," Patrick really picked right this time, "Just, thank you-2 I thank her again and kiss her. 

"Mommy's come in here!" Y/n yells after us, I laugh into Lizzie's lips and place my forehead against hers, "Just a second honey," To my surprise, Lizzie yells, after my daughter who just squeals, "We better get going before one of the others come out here," She says and grabs my hand and pulls me outside to the others.