- This is akward - Scarlett X Daughter

"Honey put your phone away when we're eating," my mother tells me, I put it on the table next to my plate with the screen up so I can see if he texts me back.

"Honey," My mom's girlfriend tells me, I roll my eyes and put it away, me putting it away isn't very effective, the moment I get a notification it basically flies back into my hand and I get so disappointed when it isn't a notification or text from who I want it to be.

"That's it," mom says and takes it, "mom come on," I complain and she raises a brow and looks at me, "whatever," I mumble and eat the rest of my salad, "I'm done, can I have it back and go to my room?" I ask trying to be polite about it.

"It's your turn to clean up after dinner," My mom's might I say VERY annoying girlfriend points out and I slump defeated back in my seat.

"Clean the table and then you can have it," mom says and I immediately get up and start cleaning, I think I did it in under 10 minutes including washing the pans and cutting board in hand and not just putting them in the dishwasher.

"Done," I cheer as I walk over to the couch, "here you go," she hands it to me and I sit down next to her, "oh, forgot something, one sec" I place my phone down and get up, "you got a notification," mom announces, "really!?"

"No," she laughs, "that is not funny" I playfully hit her in the arm and slump down in her arms practically laying on top of her, Lizzie (mom's girlfriend) walks over to us and mom makes me move to make space for all of us.

"Mom," I mumble into her chest, "yes?" She isn't really paying attention to what I'm saying, she's way too focused on playing around with my hair and watching the movie she put on 30 minutes ago, "can I grab a beer?" I ask her knowing she's going to say no.

"Yeah, they're in the fridge if you want them cold," I raise my head in shock and rush to the kitchen, "just grab me and Liz one too," she yells after me, "yes ma'am," I run back and hand them one each, opened of course.

"You got a text btw," mom says and takes a sip at her beer, I check my phone and there is a snap from one of my other friends but nothing from him.

"Why are you so eager to check your phone all the time?" Liz asks me and they both look at me, "no reason, stop snooping it's none of your business," I snap and put my phone down.

"You guys want another one?" I ask them and stand up, neither of them has finished the ones I gave them so they both decline, "last one," mom tells me, "yeah, whatever,"

"I'm serious, and when this movie is over you're going to bed," she tells me and I sit down on the floor in front of the couch she's laying on.

When the movie ends, both of them have fallen asleep, so I sneak to the kitchen, snatch another beer, and finish it before waking mom up.

"Let's get you to bed, just put your phone in the kitchen first," she points at the counter where I always put my phone when I go to bed.

"Please mom, it's just staying in my room for tonight" I beg and run up the stairs, phone in hand before she can say anything.

"Y/n, come on, get the phone down here" She yells after me, "No," I protest. 

"Y/n Angelica Johansson, get your ass and the phone down here before I ground you!" She yells.  

"No!" I protest again, I can hear her and Lizzie talking, "Fine then, you're grounded, two months, and when you get down here tomorrow I am taking the phone for just as long," 

"Fuck you! I hate you!" I yell at her and look at my phone again to see if he has responded yet, it's been 4 days, and he's left me on delivered. 

"Y/n, can I come in for a sec?" Lizzie knocks on my door, "If you're here to take my phone I'm gonna lock the door," I tell her, "I'm not, I promise," She says and opens the door.

"What's going on?" She asks me, I shrug and keep my eyes on my phone. She sits next to me and put her hand on my knee, "Y/n, what's going on?" She repeats.

"It's just this guy," I tell her and she gets this pity in her eyes, "yeah?" She urges me to keep going, "It doesn't matter it's stupid," I say and sigh. 

"It's not stupid if it makes you act like this, what happened with this guy?" She asks me, "This is so awkward I swear to god," I laugh and look at her, "Look, if it was up to me your mother would've been the one sitting here right now, but the two of you would've killed each other so I told her to stay in the kitchen," She laughs, "We probably would've," I joke. 

"His name is Tommy, I went to his house Saturday and slept over, stuff happened and now I haven't heard from him in 4 days," I cover my face with my hands, "God I'm stupid," I lay down on my back and feel the embarrassment flow through my body. 

"You're not stupid, he is, and he, he should apologize and talk with you," She says, it doesn't really help because all of this I already know, "And I really hope that what happened wasn't against what anybody wanted," 

"No, no, no it was nothing like that, we both wanted to, it just hurts that he hasn't texted me back about it," I assure her. 

"Thank god, the best thing I can tell you to do is, well personally if it was me and your mom, I would delete and block her number, and just not think about it again, but you are the one who needs to take that decision if that is what you want to do," She advises me, "I'm going to warn her about that now," I laugh. 

We sit in silence for a few minutes her hand still on my knee, "Thank you," I say, she smiles at me. "You're welcome," 

"Go apologize to your mom," She tells me, "I guess I have to give her the phone as well," I guessed, she nods in agreement and helps me up, "And send her up here when the two of you are done talking," She tells me as I leave my room, "I will don't worry," 

When I get down the stairs she's sitting on the couch, I walk to the kitchen and quietly place my phone on the counter, I walk over to the couch and sit on the chair opposite where she's sitting. 

She doesn't even raise her head to look at me, "I'm sorry, for how I have been acting these last few days, and for swearing at you, for not giving you my phone, and for saying that I hate you," I apologized, making her look at me.

"I will only leave the house for school and I will only use my phone for calling and texting and leave it in the kitchen every day when I get home from school for the next 2 months" I inform her, letting her know that I will be following her terms of my grounding.

"Thank you, for apologizing," She smiles and looks up at me, "come over here," She pats the couch next to her, I sit next to her and she hugs me. 

"By the way, Lizzie, she's a keeper," I laugh, "I know," She agrees. 

"Now, go to bed, I'll be up to say goodnight in a few," She tells me, "No need to," I stand up and look at her, "I don't need you to tuck me in anymore, oh, and Lizzie told me to send you up to her," I tell her and walk up to go to bed. 

"Night Lizzie!" I yell from my bedroom, "Night darling!" She yells back, "Love you,"