My mother pt 2 - Natasha X Daughter

Not proofread and this is weird you're warned.

Y/n POV

I can hear a floorboard creak from my kitchen, it's the only floorboard in the entire apartment that creaks, and when it's so loud that I can hear it from the living room, I know somebody else is in here.

"If you're gonna sneak up on me, you could've at least figured out what floorboard's creak and which doesn't," I say in a snarky and tad bit annoyed tone.

"You're right about that," I can hear my aunt saying behind me, I don't even need to look behind me to know what face expression she's making right now.

"If you're here to get me back to the states then you've gone a long way for nothing," I say, dragging it out on long. "Because there is no way I'm going back there," I add and swing my finger in the air.

"Okay, first hear me out, please," I know that no matter what I say in this situation she's going to tell me the pros of coming back, not the cons, just the pros.

"I'll give you 7 minutes, and after that, we eat the Mac and cheese I'm going to cook, and then you leave," I tell her and walk out in my kitchen, her walking close behind me.

I can hear her sit down in one of my wooden chairs, and when her heel hit the top of the table, "get you foot off my dinner table,"

She grunts but does as I tell her, "Y/n, you need to come back, to talk to the both of them, just to hear them out," She starts off, "I know my sister, and she would not do this to hurt you, I swear it,"

"What wouldn't she do to hurt me? Sleep with my best friend or lying about it for a little over a year?" I snap back and turn to look her in the face.
"I'm not going back, not for either of them anyway," I tell her.

"Y/n, you're acting like a child at a playground who just got their favorite toy stolen from them," She sighs and leans back in her chair.

I get frustrated at this and practically throw a plate out in her face, along with utensils. "What if I did? What if that is exactly how I feel right now? Who says that's not exactly what happened?" I ask her.

Her immediate reaction is confusion, and then she realizes, she realizes what I just said, and even though neither of us are huggers, she gets up and wraps her arms around me. "You need to tell them that, I cannot and I will not tell you what to do, but you should tell them, because you do not deserve this,"

Through your whole meal neither of us say a word, I know she's thinking of how she's going to force me on a plane if I don't agree to going with her, and I'm replaying the two last year in my head, and when exactly the two of them could've started flirting with each other, and I land on a specific date, it has to have been New Year's Eve, Tony had another one of his stupid parties and the two of them had been talking all night, and then they just grew closer I suppose.

"Y/n!" Her voice pulls me out of my thoughts, "so are you coming or not?" She asks me and stands up.
"I'm not staying," I tell her and next thing I know we are on an airplane towards the United States.

When we get back to the compounds parking garage, every single avengers vehicle is there, which is rare, its only on rare occasions all of us are gathered. "If they are getting married I am going to shoot myself in the face t their wedding," I say and Lena chuckles.

"From what I've heard, they're not," she says and puts her arm around my neck.

"What? Is this to prevent me from fleeing the scene before we get to the elevator," I ask her sarcastically.

"Hm, if you wanna call it that. Could also just say it's me trying to comfort you without it coming off weird," she shrugs and we share a look.

"I think I'll stick with the first one," I chime and we get on the elevator. I click the button to the living space and the box slowly starts going up.
"You're gonna be okay," she assures me and gives me a weak smile.

The doors open and we step out, I take a deep breath and place my bag on the closest chair. Even from the hallway we are in we can hear laughter and music coming from the kitchen. When we get there the first person I see is Steve, we make eye contact and he puts his phone on the counter and walks over and gives me a hug, leaving the others wildly confused.

I also recurve hugs from Tony, Thor, Clint and Rhodey, they all ask me how I've been in the 3 months I've been gone, I tell them that I've been good and they go back to just regular talking, which I join in on.

"Do you know where my mom is?" I ask Tony discreetly to not interrupt the others conversation.

"In her office," He tells me. I thank him and withdraw from the conversation and walk up to her office, Lena walking with me.

"I think I need to do this part alone" I tell her before knocking on the closed door in front of me, she nods in agreement and walks away.

"Yes?" She says from the other side of the door, and with hesitation I press down the handle and open the door. When she sees me shock is expressed in both her face and her body language, she's quick to put her phone down on her desk, and even quicker to talk over towards me.

It's not until I'm in her arms that I realize how much I've missed her, she fucked up, big time, but my mother has always been my best friend, and we talked every day, so not having talked for 3 months have been heartbreaking.

"I am so sorry Y/n, I am so so sorry, we should've told you, I should've told you, I'm just so sorry," she cries as she's still holding me.

"Yes mom, you should've, I'm a grown woman not a damn child," I say and look at her, "it's not like I would've emotionally combust and just freak out and shot myself for crying out loud. Not having told me, was worse than if you did tell me," I explain to her.

"I know, we just weren't thinking throughout it, and we were planing on telling you, we just weren't sure when it would be appropriate," She explains and fiddle with her fingers like she always does when she's nervous.

"I'm sorry Y/n, I love you, and I'm sorry," she repeats and puts a hand on my cheek.

"I know, I just think it's better if I stay in Budapest for a longer period of time, for the sake of both you and me," That makes her retract her hand, and tears pool in her eyes, "I fell in love with her mom, so I need to leave, for me I need to leave," I add and the sad expression is back on her face, and then the shock hits her, though her eyes are looking behind me and not at me.

I turn and Wanda is standing behind me, also shocked, "This is giving me a sense of deja vu," I mumble and grab my moms hand, "I should go," I say and look at her, "I'll see you, at some point, I love you, and goodbye," it hurt saying all that to her, and I most definitely thought it would end up with us screaming at each other, but like I said, grown woman, not child.

When I walked past Wanda I just gave her a small hug and a smile, before getting down to the others to say my final goodbye and then getting down in a car and to the fastest way to the nearest airport and getting on the first flight back.

Not the ending or reaction y'all expected but idc, it's what chu get, they're grown, they can resolve problems without having to sit down spending hours discussing it :>

Anyways, love ya!!