But; - Natasha X Reader

You've been at Natasha's place for about a week now, and it's been amazing, not having to do the whole long distance thing. And well Natasha has been weird, she has been acting a little off, and she told you that the two of you needed to talk today before you left for the airport to go back home.

So you're pacing around her house just moving a thing a two an inch to the left or right side, just waiting for the front door to open and for her to walk in.

You are like always overthinking the whole thing. Instead of thinking about the small things it could be like her wanting you to come to work with her, or asking you to stay a little longer, your mind went straight to her having some deadly disease or just her basically dying.

The door opens and you can hear her in the hallway before she walks into the kitchen where you are. She's not saying anything to you, so you know it's bad.

"Are you dying?" You ask her flat out, and she returns your question with frowning and looking confused.

"No? Not that I know of," She gives off one of those annoying little laughs that people do when you've said/asked something and they think you are the stupidest person in the room.

"I don't know, because you've been weird all week," You shrug and look at her, waiting for her to look back at you.

She takes a deep breath and grabs a cup to make coffee. "Listen, Y/n," She hesitates and think before saying anything else.

"See, something is up. You didn't even greet me properly when you came home," you say and end up mumbling at the last bit, and it does make you sad saying out loud.

"Y/n you're thinking way to much about this," She says and walk into the living room, you following closely behind her.

"Am I though?" You say and watch her sit down on a chair.

She smacks her lips and when you finally make eye contact it isn't possible for her to hold it for long. You scoff and shake you head, "for someone who was trained in lying you sure are bad at it,"

You know your comment hurt, and that what she says back is going to hurt, but at this point it's done, if she would've just not lied to your face everything would've been fine.

"Look Y/n, I love you, but;"

"See and that right there is the problem. That 'but' is the problem, because now you are going to say something around 'I love you but I don't think this is best for me, and I'm the problem and me, me, me' and it's annoying honestly," you say mocking her when explaining what you thinks going to happen.

Her scoff at you expressing your opinion makes you even more annoyed, and pisses you off more. "Y/n it's not like that, come on," She throws her arms in the air like a toddler and almost knocks her coffee off the table it's sitting on.

"Look, I'm just gonna go home if you don't want me here, because at the end of the day, I would rather be at home than here if you're going to continue acting like this," You turn your back to her and sigh before retreating to her bedroom.

You hear her call out for you, but you just shake your head and ignore her. "Y/n, come on, you know I didn't mean it like that," Even through a closed door you can feel the annoyance radiating from her body. She's not used to getting a reaction out of you, especially not one like this.

"Y/n, come on baby I'm sorry, can't we just, order some food, and watch a movie or something," You roll your eyes. The fact that a grown woman can act this childish is beyond you, especially a woman like Natasha.

Zipping up your suitcase you start to cry, not one of those loud, sobbing, mascara on your cheeks snot running down your face type of cry's, no, it's more of a silent, filled with rage kind of cry, because you are, you are filled with rage, and you are angry, and this time you've had enough.

You grab your keys and take off the key to Natasha's house, you put it in your pocket and grab your suitcase before finally opening the door. Sitting out in the hallway is no other than Natasha, the two of you make eye contact and you groan at her.

"Y/n please," she pleads and follow you down the stairs. You get to the front door and put on your shoes, and your coat, "Y/n I am begging you, please don't go, I'm sorry," She tries, again, still not succeeding.

"I'm done Natasha, I'm done with the lies, I'm done with the bullshit, and I'm done waiting around for someone who is no where near ready for a grown relationship." You put your hand in your pocket and grip onto the key, tightly, you know that the moment you put that key on the table by the door it's over, there is no going back.

Still you decide to do it, you take out your hand, and gently place the key on the table, you bite your inner cheek and look at Natasha who's looking at the key, shocked, is probably the only word to describe the look on her face.

"I'm sorry," she mumbles and look up at you, tears pooling in her eyes, "I am so fucking sorry," Its a little louder this time.

"Good, that means you know you fucked up," You say, knowing she means the apology this time. "I wish for the best for you, I really do, and I hope that you find happiness, and I hope I don't have anything to do with it, because this time I am choosing myself," you say and walk out the door.

You need to choose yourself.

Goodnight.