Manager - Scarlett X Daughter

"Y/n, we have to leave, let's go!" Dad yells for me. We have around 30 minutes to get to the building where I have to get ready. I am going to the 35th Annual American Cinematheque Awards with mom and Colin, and unfortunately, my dad is my manager. So if you ask him, he is "obligated to come," Which is total bullshit.

"I am ready, Jesus," I say as I walk out to the front door with shoes on, jacket draped over my arm, and my duffel bag over my shoulder.

"Let's go then," he says and pushes me out the door and unlocks the car. "Get in. And Y/n I swear to god, if you put on even one Taylor Swift song I am calling your mother and telling her you're sick," He snaps before I close my car door.

Back when Kanye interrupted Taylor at the VMA's my dad supported Kanye, and told press that "she needed to be put in her place," Which I obviously disagreed with, and voiced very openly online.

~~

We arrive at the building and I don't even bother waiting for my dad, before he knows it I am inside the building running for where I know my mom is.

I knock on the door to where I'm supposed to be and they tell me to come in. "Hello!" I say as I walk in and my mom walks over and hugs me hello.

"Hey darling!" Colin says as I walk in.

I get over to the table I'm supposed to be at when dad barges in all red in his face sweat prickling down his forehead. He walks over behind me and my body stiffens, which everybody in the room notices, except for him. "What are you planning on wearing honey?" He says and I direct him towards the clothing rack standing by the wall.

"A suit matching mine. White, made by Versace, and jewelry matching too," Mom tells him and points to the bags with suits hanging on the rack. He furrows his brows but let us get ready with make-up anyway.

"Y/n, can I borrow you for a second?" Dad asks me and I walk out into the hallway with him.

"Yeah?"

"If you look fat in that suit, I am going to get mad at you. Which means, you eat appetizers and nothing else. And I am already unhappy about you wearing it, so do not make me look bad." He snarls at me, I've been waiting for this all day, just didn't expect it to come out like this.

"Right, I won't, I'll just say that it's a diet or something," I say quietly and watch him walk away from me.

I walk out to the women's bathroom and as I start to cry I support myself against the sink when someone walks in. Thinking it's my mom I dry off my face rather quickly, but it isn't her. "Hey, are you okay?" She asks me.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good, sorry I'll get out the way," I smile and look up at her, and it is Taylor who's standing in front of me.

"Can I give you a hug?" She asks me, I nod and she wraps her arms around me for a good 2 minutes before letting go of me. "What's up?" She asks.

"Just, my dad, being a dick you know." I scoff and give a sarcastic laugh. "I knew he shouldn't have been my manager," I say.

"Yeah, separating family and business is important in this line of work," she agrees and asks for my phone.

"If you need anything today, just call, or find me in there," she smiles and walks back out again. I should probably get going as today is very busy, so I need to go back and get my make-up fixed.

~~

I'm looking in the mirror smiling at myself, trying to put up a front so I won't ruin the day for everyone. My smile fades and tears start spilling. "Y/n, come on your mom is wai- what's wrong?" Colin of all people asks me.

"Oh, sorry, it's nothing, nerves I guess," I lie.

He sees straight through it, "you want me to get your mom?" I nod and he walks out to grab her.

"Y/n, darling we don't have time for this, we need to go," She says as she walks in with keys and phone in hand.

I look over at her and she finally sees that tears are streaming down my face. She puts her phone and keys on the nearest table and walk over and hug me. "What's wrong love?" She asks me and dry the tears off my face.

"He's killing me," I blurt referring to what he said to me earlier.

"Honey, he's your father, everything he does is to protect you," She says and Colin walks in and come over to us.

"He told me to starve myself so I wouldn't look too fat!" I say loudly and both of them look at me in disbelief.

"Y/n! Let's go for fuck sakes!" My dad yells as he walks into the room. He looks surprised and worried about the fact that my mom heard him.

"Eli," my mom hesitates so she won't say something she isn't supposed to, "you need to leave," she demands.

He refuses and Colin puts a hand on his shoulder, "get your hand off me man," he yells at him.

"You need to calm down before I call security," Colin tells him calmly as they start walking toward the door.

"You won't get away with this Scarlett! You hear me! I'm gonna take her from you! And get your other kids taken away!" He yells as the door closes.

"It's gonna be okay darling, you're going with me after tonight, I promise," She kisses my temple and hug me one more time before getting up to walk out.

"Come on honey," she grabs my hand and we walk out to Colin and we get driven to the red carpet.

I know Taylor wasn't at that award show but idgaf! Also, I've gotten this sick obsession with her, and Miss Americana is so sad wtf :(