This life - Scarlett X Daughter

Based on that one scene in the Miss Americana documentary.

Y/n POV

I walk down the stairs and both of my parents, along with my PR team, my manager, and a man I have never seen before. "Oh Y/n, good, you're here!" Maria, my manager says with a smile and hugs me.

"So Maria what are you guys doing here?" I slightly laugh and see the shared worried expressions on Mom and Colin's faces. "Guys, seriously, what's going on?" I repeat.

"Y/n, we need to talk about the things you spend your free time on, for your own safety," Maria adds and guides me to a chair. "More so, you spending more time, either on a set or here, at home," She says.

I look at my mom in disbelief, and stand up, "No, there is no way that I am giving up my freedom, because some freak doesn't know how to stay away from me, seriously, just up the security, not steal the only type of life I have,"

"Y/n, this isn't up for any kind of discussion, we are talking about keeping you safe!" Mom argues, I groan at her and roll my eyes.

"Y/n, this is very serious. It's not just one person looking after you here, you can't go to work, going to school is even worse." Colin says and put a hand on my moms shoulder. "We know that you aren't big on your own safety, but it is starting to affect others too," he continues.

I slump back in my chair. People are talking around me but I'm not hearing a word that they are saying, their mouths are just moving, as they are discussing a way to fix this whole situation.

"Y/n, we are- I am deathly afraid for your safety. I am afraid that one day I am going to get the call that every mother dreads, that you've been either killed or kidnapped, and I just need you to be safe, and come home to me," mom says, tears falling down her cheeks.

We make eye contact and I can't help but get teary eyed myself. "And I understand that, but you are asking me to give my whole life away, no more traveling, no more going out with friends, no more just going on a walk in the park, and I can't do that, so I'm sorry, but I will not do that,"

Colin sighs, "Y/n do you understand what's happening? Can you not grasp the seriousness of this situation? I am the one who had to go out and buy you private secret security, I am the one who had to buy armored cars, we have three guns laying around this house for Christ sakes!" He yells and the room goes dead silent.

I stare at him in shock, I had no idea that it had gotten this bad, let alone this serious. "I- I'm sorry. I had no idea that this is how bad it was."

"Y/n, I love you, we all love you, and we just want you to be safe and stay alive," Mom says. I stand up and hug her, tightly.

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise" I whisper in her ear as she places a kiss on the side of my head. I look over at Colin who also wraps his arms around me.

Hola! Everyone I am alive, not dead! This is short, and for this I apologize.