The Girl on Top of The Hill

The Girl on Top of the hill that Overlooks Starfleet Academy

Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell has a good friend in Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley, a younger officer that she met on board the USS Republic and he attends Starfleet Academy.

Karissa decides to walk to Starfleet Academy to see Kevin Riley and while she is walking toward Starfleet Academy.

A carriage pulls up and the gentleman asks her "May I offer you a ride?"

Karissa looks up and answers, "Why yes thank you." and the officer and gentleman help her to climb into his carriage and he asks, "Where are you going to?"

"I am going to Star-Fleet Academy to visit a friend." Karissa answers.

"I am headed for Star-Fleet Academy myself. I am the senior medical officer for Star Base 12 and Star-Fleet Academy.' The officer tells her.

"My name is Lt. Commander David William Beck, but I am also an Earl here on Star Base 12." Lt. Commander David Beck explains, " I am Earl of Essex Territory and I live out at Elmhurst Estate but I much prefer White-Hall Manor."

"My great-uncle is Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR, and my grandfather was his youngest brother, and my mother was his only niece." Lt. Commander David Beck explains.

"I met your great-uncle and your first cousin once removed, Lord Andrew Charles Howard and your second cousin once removed, Lord Richard William Carey." Karissa tells him.

"I think they are very nice, but they left a bad first impression when I was asked to visit them." Karissa explains.

"I was very upset by the discord in your family." Karissa explains.

"I am a Howard through my mother and grandfather and a Beck through my father, Lord David William Beck." Lt. Commander David William Beck explains.

"How in the world do you ever live with a family like that?" Karissa asks Lt. Commander David Beck.

"I distance myself from a lot of them." Lt. Commander David Beck tells her.

"You see Mademoiselle Karissa. I am from the matrilineal line of Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR through his youngest son, Lord Edwin William Howard who only had one child and it was my late mother, Lady Eliza Katherine Howard." Lt Commander David William Beck explains "Just as my second cousin twice removed, Lord Richard William Carey is from the matrilineal line of Lord Frederick William Howard from Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard who was my great aunt." Lt .Commander David Beck states.

"I see that plus in your favor." Karissa tells him " I will be damned if a man tells me that I am no good as I remind him of Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Victoria, Empress Catherine I and II of Russia and Empress Elizabeth of Austria."

"What did King Edward VI ever do for England?" Karissa asks Lord David William Beck.

"Look at Duchess Margaret Plantagenet, Duchess of Norfolk and look at her daughter, Lady Elizabeth De Seagrave, and look at her granddaughter, Lady Margaret De Mowbray who gave birth to them and not to mention Lady Joan of Cornwall." Karissa tells Lt. Commander David William Beck.

"I guess you damn men think you are asexual. I wish it was so, but it is not true." Karissa states.

"I would love to see the day that men have their own children." Karissa states.

Lt. Commander David William Beck laughs " I am afraid that will never happen and I teach Biology I and II and reproduction history at Star-Fleet Academy." Lt. David William states.

"You need to teach them more than just reproduction history and explain that there is more to the act of making love than just straight sex." Karissa explains.

"I am afraid Star-Fleet Academy won't allow me to do it, but the students are allowed to come and see me and I can give them that advice in private." Lt.Commander David Beck tells Karissa.

"I see my first cousin once removed left a bad impression on you, and I am sorry about that but then again, he is not one of my favorite people. " Lt. Commander David William Beck tells her.

"It seems that Lord Andrew Charles Howard has a great many enemies." Karissa tells Lt. Commander David Beck.

"No. We are not enemies. We just don't care for each other." Lt. Commander David Beck explains.

"I prefer my second cousin twice removed, Lord Richard William Carey." Lt. Commander David Beck explains.

"I guess it is because neither of us are Howard's by birth but through the daughters of Lord Frederick Wiliam and Lord Edwin William Howard." Lt. Commander David William Beck explains.

"Who are coming here to see?" Lt. Commander David Beck asks Karissa.

"Do you Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley?" Karissa asks.

"Why yes. I do know Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley." Lt.Commander David Beck tells her "I believe you will find him in the library."

"Thank you for the ride, Lt. Commander David Beck." Karissa tells him "It has been a real pleasure."

"The pleasure has been all mine and if you need a ride back home later, I will be most happy to give you a ride home." Lt. Commander David Beck tells her.

"Thank you." Karissa tells him and she climbs out of the carriage and Lt. Commander David Beck watches Karissa walk away.

Lt. Commander David William Beck is also looking for a suitable bride and he smiles as Karissa walks away looking for Kevin Riley.

While Karissa is walking she notices a hill that overlooks Starfleet Academy and on top of the hill is a tall, oak tree and it has a great view of Star-Fleet Academy and she climbs up the hill, spreads out her blanket, takes out her radio and turns it on and Madame has sent her a picnic lunch and all of a sudden one of her favorite songs comes on the radio that she brought with her from Planet Earth and as Karissa loves to dance and sing she starts to stand up and she starts to clap her hands and dance around and from a distance the students are watching her dance and sing and the students watch her sing and dance and all of sudden Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley with Lt. Richard Williams asks "Who is that ?"

"We don't Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley. She just started to dance and sing. Isn't she great?" One student ask.

Lt Kevin Thomas Riley with Lt. Richard Williams decides to walk up the hill and Lt. Kevin Riley smiles and he calls out "Karissa. Is that you?"

Karissa smiles and she calls out " Hi Kevin. I came to Starfleet Academy to see you."

"Karissa. This is my friend, Lt. Richard Williams." Kevin tells her.

"It is so nice to meet Lt. Richard Williams." Karissa tells Richard Williams.

"Likewise, Karissa. Kevin has told me so much about you." Richard William tells her.

"We have some free time Karissa. "Kevin tells Karissa.

"Please join me. I have a picnic lunch and we can sit here under this tree and listen to music." Karissa asks.

"We would love to join you, Karissa. There is going to be a Starfleet Dinner and Dance. Will you be my date?" Kevin asks.

"Why don't we make it a threesome, and all go together. It will be great fun." Karissa asks.

Kevin and Richard agree to make it a threesome to the Starfleet Dinner and Dance.

"How are your studies going Kevin?" Karissa asks.

"They are fine, Karissa." Kevin tells her "Same old dry and uninteresting subjects."

"How is my good friend, Lord Richard William Carey.?" Kevin asks.

"Lord Carey is fine." Karissa answers.

"I recently met his second cousin twice removed, Lt. Commander David William Beck." Karissa tells Kevin.

"I heard you met Lord Andrew Charles Howard." Kevin asks Kevin.

"Oh you mean, Lord Preppy." Karissa says with a laugh.

"What a perfect name for him." Kevin says with a laugh and Karissa, Kevin and Richard spend the day together at Starfleet Academy on top of the hill that overlooks Starfleet Academy.