The Response

Karissa receives the letter written by Lord Andrew Charles out at Madame's Boarding House and she opens up the letter and she starts to read it.

My Dear Karissa"

I write this letter to you. I am truly sorry about how I acted today at Starfleet Academy.

I can't believe that you won't give me a chance

I love you and I know you don't believe me., but I do.

I will do whatever it takes to prove it to you. I told my father that he could take his damn territory and bestow it upon anyone he wanted too.

I told him to get his grandchild off one of my brothers if he could.

I am begging you to give me a chance and let me show how much I love you.

I know that I am far from perfect, but I will humble myself to you.

I can't imagine living my life without you by my side.

Love, Lord Andrew Charles Howard,

She reads it and Madame asks her "Who is the letter from Mademoiselle Karissa?"

"The letter is from Lord Andrew Charles apologizing for his bad behavior to me today at Starfleet Academy." Karissa tells Madame.

"My dear Mademoiselle Karissa. I employ you to listen to your heart on this matter. "Madame tells her.

"I feel that I am being torn apart between two lovers. "Karissa confesses.

"There is only one me and two gentlemen that seek my affection and I don't want to hurt either of them." Karissa tells Madame.

"Either way, Mademoiselle Karissa. One is going to be hurt and one isn't." Madame tells her.

"I still think that Lord Richard William Carey is more worthy than his cousin, Lord Andrew Charles Howard." Madame tells her.

"I only think you give them both a chance to prove their love to you and then you can make your choice." Madame tells her.

"What choice?" Karissa asks."They are both cousins to each other."

"It is true Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR and Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard were brother and sister." Madame tells her.

"You should have seen Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard." Madame tells her "She was tall, beautiful, with dark hair, peach complexion, and she could beat her brothers in any sport." Madame says with a laugh.

"Lady Jeanette used to tell Lord Frederick William "Don't remind me of my mistakes." Madame tells Karissa.

"Lady Jeanette Virginia was a woman of much wit and character." Madame states.

"Unlike Lady Alexandra Elizabeth, Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR's mother who wasn't afraid of Lord Charles Andrew Howard Senior." Madame tells Karissa.

"They both came from two good families, and they wouldn't put up with their husband's wandering eye, but sure enough Lord Charles Andrew Senior with his mistress, Lady Katherine Gordon have a son, Lord Robert John Howard." Madame tells her.

"Lady Alexandra told her husband to keep his illegitimate son away from her children." Madame tells Karissa.

"Little Master Robert John Howard was born in 2230, the same year that his nephew was born. "Madame states.

"It is my understanding that when Lord Charles Andrew Senior died, he made provisions that his son, Master Robert John Howard and his mother would be taken care of by Lord Charles Andrew JR." Madame tells her.

"Listen to your heart and it will guide you to the right gentleman." Madame tells Karissa.

Karissa doesn't know how to answer but she does her best to respond to Lord Andrew Charles letter and it reads:

My Dear Lord Andrew Charles:

I received your letter today. Thank you for writing to me.

I accept your apology and I forgive you as if I don't, I won't be forgiven.

I am very touched that you love me so much, but how can you love someone you don't even know.

I know you don't like your second cousin twice removed, Lord Richard William Carey, but he is your kin.

I know you don't like Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley, but he is my friend.

Lord Richard William Carey and I love each other as friends only and I don't plan to marry anyone, but I am willing to court him and you, and I ask you to accept the terms of our courtship.

You were brave to tell your father to pass his Dukedom onto one of his otherkin.

Your honorable father has two older sons and why doesn't he make them start to copulate with their wives.

Doesn't he think that they are too old to believe in the stork theory?

We are too old to believe in that theory.

I still must insist that if you want to see me that you see me at Norfolk Estate and you remain in your father's territory.

I do this for the sake of peace.

Sincerely, Karissa Elizbeth Ann Lowell

Karissa seals up the letter and she dispatch it to Norfolk Estate and Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR receives the letter and he carries it up to Lord Andrew Charles suite "You got a letter from Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell." Lord Charles Andrew JR tells his son, and he hands him the letter.

Lord Andrew Charles reads the letter and Lord Andrew Charles tells his father "She has agreed to see me here at Norfolk Territory and mother and you must be in attendance

Lord Andrew Charles reads the letter and Lord Andrew Charles tells his father "She has agreed to see me here at Norfolk Territory and mother and you must be in attendance."

"I am agreeable to it, Lord Andrew Charles and so will your mother." Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR states.

"Karissa asks that I remain within your territory and not come to Bedford Territory for the sake of peace." Lord Andrew Charles tells his father.

"Mademoiselle Karissa is most sensible, and she is very intelligent." Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR states "Maybe some of her good sense will wear off on you."

"You may leave your suite, Lord Andrew Charles, but you must remain at Norfolk Territory. You are not to leave the territory. You are not going to Star-Fleet Academy either." Lord Charles Andrew JR informs his son.

"Father. I remain faithful to what I told you. Look to your other sons to give you that first grandchild." Lord Andrew Charles tells his father.

"Karissa even wondered why you turned to me and not to my older brothers. She said you must make them copulate." Lord Andrew Charles tells his father.

"I will not subject Karissa and my children to be a part of your marriage game." Lord Andrew Charles tells his father.

"I will take Karissa and our children into the countryside, and we live as country folks." Lord Andrew Charles states "Just like Lord Joshua Collins and Lord William Craven." Lord Andrew Charles ' I have already asked my late grandfather's barrister to give me some of my trust fund and I will find us a new country manor." Lord Andrew Charles tells his father.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard Jr looks at his son and he is left speechless.