Chapter 8

There was a heavily tinted black four door service car parked right in front of my apartment at exactly 1:40, which was what the anonymous text told me. I guess that number is the driver's. Will I have the same driver or do they rotate between all the girls? 

When I shut my front door and started walking down a gentleman in a suit came around the car and opened the back door for me. My eyes grew wide. "Oh, you don't have to do all that. I can get it myself" I smiled sheepishly at the man as I slid into the seat. He didn't say anything but he did give me a polite pressed smile.

 When he settled back in the car I decided to ask him if he was always going to be driving me and if it was him who texted me. "Yes ma'am. I'm Elijah" he introduced himself through the rear view mirror. 

"Hi Elijah, I'm Kat" I waved like he could even see it. His eyes were obviously on the road. I took my phone out and saved the number so I could remain in contact with the driver on pick up times. "Thanks for doing this," I added. 

I'm not used to being driven by a professional company. I mean, yes, I have taken ubers before, but those are people on their own time. This felt...formal, fancy even. "It's my job ma'am" he reassured me. I probably sounded uneasy.

        I recognized the building as soon as we pulled up to it. The seemingly average brick building that hides what's truly at its center. It's probably this inconspicuous so that the men who come here can hide what they're doing. I'm sure if this is such an exclusive members only establishment then some important named people probably frequent it. 

When Elijah motioned to get out of the car I waved my hands for him to stay put. "I can assure you I know how to exit a car. Thank you, Elijah" I opened the door and stepped out. 

Since it was daytime there weren't any cars to valet, but I did see the vacant stand, which means they do offer that service during open hours. I pushed through the large black door and entered into this other world of expensive looking everything. The ceilings looked expensive, the flooring was shiny and I don't even know what the heck it is made of. Half white and well lit, and then the VIP lifted platform was all black, charcoal gray, and dim lighting.

        "Hello?" I called out, unsure if I am meant to walk straight into the back or not. I wasn't dressed up fancy, but I did want to look nice for the manager because this would be her first impression of me. When I heard the clacking of high heels I knew she was coming from somewhere. She popped in from the back room and smiled wide. 

I wasn't expecting her to be so young. For some reason I pictured the den mama as an older more seasoned woman. Raquel is a soft redhead in high pumps and sexy, but not scantily clad, clothing. Her top dropped into a plummeting V line in the front, but the mesh material between it kept her breasts from coming out. 

She is beautiful. I figured anyone who they let work here would have to be. That's the illusion they bring to their patrons. They want men to live out their fantasies with women way out of their league. I work in the back, so what I look like doesn't matter. But anyone on the main floor must be lookers. I'll find out tomorrow. 

        For now it was just Raquel and I. "Hi, you must be Kat. Oh, aren't you adorable" she looked me up and down and smiled. Since I wasn't in heels and she wore those cherry red pumps I looked small beside her. "He told me you were shy, but us girls will get you over that in a jiffy" she waved me off like I'd even said anything. 

"Oh, um, hello. Nice to meet you" I extended my hand. I wonder what else Renzo said about me? "Okay, so let's get down to it so I don't waste your whole afternoon on this. I've written a list of things you'll be expected to do, just so you remember your duties and you won't have to ask if you forget something. Here" she handed me a hot pink sticky note.