Chapter 108 (Renzo's POV)

I've had girls follow me around my whole life. I was an attractive kid and caught all the girls' eyes since my early days of school. The little girls gave me valentines day cards asking, 'Be mine' and writing me love notes. Girls asking me to be their first kiss in elementary school. Girls trying to make me their boyfriend in middle school. 

They'd fight over me. I'm not being vain...two girls literally brawled for me to take one over the other to our school dance. I remember I ended up skipping that school dance and sneaking Dante's fathers cigarette's with Dario. He and I smoked for the first time and almost coughed up a fucking lung. 

        Don't get me started on high school. I lost my virginity to the hottest most popular girl in school who was two grades older than me. The girls' hormones heightened like all hell in high school, and I was grabbed, squeezed, licked, fucked, and sucked by all the teenage girls looking to experiment with their budding sexuality. It was mine for the taking. 

The girls', they just all wanted me.

I didn't have girlfriends, I had the flavor of the week. I think maybe the longest was my flavor of the month hot girl whose name I don't even remember anymore. I didn't settle down, commit, or even pretend to be moderately interested in being MORE with someone. 

Girls have tried. Many of them. But I just don't care. Didn't care? Do I care?

        Kat has always caught my eye because I liked how innocent and kind she was. I liked it because maybe I wanted to remember that some people, not many, but some people still exist in this world that are just like her. She wasn't tainted and I wanted to corrupt that. But then I found myself trying to preserve it. 

I had liked Kat because she was so naturally submissive and obedient. But then I found myself feeling prideful when she'd suddenly put her foot down about something and stick up for herself. I liked to see her blossoming, as ridiculously fruity as all that sounds.

        Kat wouldn't be the girl in school who gave me the be mine card or tried kissing me under the slides in the park. She wouldn't be the girl trying to lose her virginity when she is still so young and new to the world that she thinks high school IS the world. 

No, Kat wouldn't be any of those girls. Kat would be the girl standing behind those girls. She would be observing from a quiet corner and blush when she saw what some of the girls actually said to my face.

        Kat is the girl who didn't lead me on back when she had a boyfriend. She was modest and didn't even play on the line of secret flirtation. Kat is the girl who waited for me to put in the work in getting her to bed. And when I did finally get her in bed, Kat is the girl who stood up for herself and told me she didn't want me walking out on her after sex. 

She told me she didn't want to be that casual fling-type girl. She made me wait again before I got my hands on her for a second time. Kat was always asking me if we could be more. But what does that even mean? More?

        It dawned on me that karma has a way of turning things around. I always told Kat she was mine. I was suddenly the little girl in grade school with the 'be mine' Valentine's day card. I was the one asking her to let me show her what she'd been missing when her ex fucked her too politely. I found myself saying yes when Kat asked for exclusivity in our sex. No relationship, just an agreement that we'd only fuck each other for now.

So much goddamn shit has happened between now and then. Now, Kat is the girl who stood in front of a church and told me she loves me. Kat's the girl who killed someone in the name of saving me