Chapter 22

Since I didn't go to work last night, this was the first time seeing the girls since the robbery attempt. Not all the girls from that night were here, because the girls switch off on days since they've got at least 40 exotic dancers that work here. But the ones who were there, I gave them hugs and it was nice to feel a sense of solidarity between us. 

Sunday's are busier than you'd expect them to be. Men will stop at nothing to make time for half naked women, cigars, expensive liquor, and the company of other rich and important men. Sometimes I wonder if they like the men more than they even like the women. 

Men use women, but men make the effort to impress other men. 

        I guess the Sunday usuals are different from the other nights when the gentlemen's club is open. I don't know the difference, but Raquel had mentioned that last week. Today Raquel was in animal print with red bottoms on. I wonder sometimes if they buy their own shoes or if the men gift them.

 I've heard some of the men pick favorites and if you are nice to them and give them the right amount of attention they like buying the girls presents and stuff like that. Some of them have foot fetishes or other fetishes, that they'll buy the girls things for them to flaunt it for the men. I don't know a whole lot about all the kinks, but I know about foot fetish. I wonder what else there is.

        What would you call Renzo's fetish for calling women, 'good girls'? Or for liking to be in total control all the time. Actually I think they call that a dominant, but I don't think it's fifty shades of grey level, so maybe it's called something else...or maybe I just don't know the details of his sex life and he actually is like Christian Grey. I swallowed at the thought. 

I promised myself that I would stay away from him. I can't give into Renzo's teasing like I had the other night. It's not fair to Val. Renzo has plenty of women to tease. He doesn't need to mess with me, a girl with a boyfriend. 

I'm not the type of girl who would ever cheat. Even just saying what I did the other day, or feeling so hot and bothered felt like a form of cheating, and I hated the guilt I felt because of it. I'm not that person. I don't know what Renzo put into my head that's had me thinking these dirty things but that isn't me.

        When there was a knock on the door my gut clenched wondering if it was the same man I had just been thinking about, but then I saw the light brown hair and the pretty smiling face of Teagan pop in. "Am I bothering you? Are you busy?" She asked me. I shook my head no and waved her in. 

"I was out on the floor when you came in. I just wanted to say hello and ask how you are?" She was kind and thoughtful. Teagan and I had been put in the same car that night, and we held hands the whole time while mascara ran down our faces and our limbs still trembled. 

"I'm okay, how are you?" I asked, putting down my pen so we could talk. She came to the desk and sat half her bum on it. She was in that short robe because underneath it didn't seem like she had much on. 

        "Honestly, I had a similar situation happen once at the club I worked at before this, but gunshots had actually been fired in the parking lot. I'm glad things didn't go as far" she told me. "We can thank the boss for that. He was so brave taking their gun and holding that man to save us" I smiled fondly at the memory. 

She gave me a bit of a strange expression, though I had no idea why. "What?" I couldn't help but ask. "Nothing. Yup, he was brave to take on the bad guys" she switched her expression immediately. Weird.

        Teagan seems to always have well manicured nails and toes. Today they were a soft pink color that suited her skin tone. Sometimes I wonder if I should make more of an effort with my appearance. Even something as simple as nice painted nails seems to enhance a woman's natural feminine beauty.