Chapter 40

It had been two full weeks since I'd been caught trying to follow Renzo around to see if he was up to no good. That was a silly task that I have since let go. For a full week he didn't come into work, when I was around at least, and I didn't like the feeling of not even having a glimpse of him for that long. 

The second week he did come in, but with his serious expression where he came to check receipts and give me the okay to log them in our system. He had only said a few words starting with "Good evening Miss Costa" to "Just lock up the safe when you're done. Thanks." 

That's it. No sexy stares or smirks or getting too close to me when he talks. No grasping my chin and making me squirm. He did what I asked. We were completely professional now. The last time I saw him I addressed him as sir and that was it. 

It was a work related question and then he walked away from me. 

        It's another Monday again, which means I have the day off. I have been doing nothing but being lazy for two weeks, and today I guilted myself into getting up. It was a beautiful day outside and I knew I should do something. Go for a walk or anything really. So long as it was outside. 

I had been reading in my book nook in the apartment, so I haven't gone out much, but reading in the Commons didn't sound so bad. The Boston Commons is a park in the middle of the city. It's a nice break from the skyscrapers and cement. 

There is a large grass area and some trees lining the walkway. Park benches scattered every few hundred feet. The further in you go there is frog pond and things, but I was just gonna walk down and sit in the grass.

        I picked up the book I'd been reading, and found my lightweight tribal print tote bag that my old best friend had given me from South America, where her family was from. She moved there, so yeah, no best friend anymore. I don't have friends here in Boston either. Not really. I hung out with Alexa once and it was to cause mischief. I don't mind being alone I guess. 

When I put the book in the tote I also threw in my phone and license sized wallet that had my apartment key attached to it. I didn't need anything else, so the bag was pretty empty. When I threw my phone in, it was when I heard an odd jingle. I shoved my hand deep into the bag and pulled out a single key. 

        For a second I couldn't place where the heck it could be from, until I remembered it was the key Rocco gave me to unlock the cabin to their yacht during preparation before the proposal. I totally forgot about this and didn't give it back.

I could certainly just walk by the restaurant and drop it off with him on my way to the park, it's all sort of in the same area depending on which way you walk. It's a lot of walking from my apartment, but I don't mind the exercise. 

I don't have Rocco's phone number or I would have given him a heads up that I was coming to drop it off, but it's a restaurant it's not like I am intruding on his home in the middle of the day on a Monday afternoon. 

        The sun was hot and I was glad I wore my crop tank and high waisted, distressed jean shorts, with my broken-in sandals that don't hurt my feet when I walk. I've walked everywhere with those dang things. I've had them for a long time. 

My long hair was down, which is probably a mistake. I'm thinking of throwing it into a ponytail once I drop the key. 

When I finally got to the block where Revello's was I picked up the pace and walked by the big glass pane. Where tables lined against the window can see out at everyone passing by. At least when the thick burgundy curtains aren't drawn shut.

        When I walked up to the door I pulled, but it didn't budge. Oh, is it a push? I didn't remember it being one. Nope. Locked. But I can see people inside. I wondered if maybe a patron accidentally locked the doors when passing through, so I went to the window and got the attention of a patron.