Chapter 14

Renzo's eyes finally had a moment to take in my full appearance. His nostrils flared. "Are you alright?" He asked me. His voice isn't any less deadly, but I knew it wasn't directed at me. He was just pissed. I couldn't find my voice because I was worried that if I spoke I would just break down, and I didn't want to do that in front of a man like Renzo. 

When I nodded again he looked dissatisfied. "Raquel is fucked tomorrow. You should have never been out here. I told you those are two separate worlds" Renzo ran his hand through his hair then looked down at his knuckles and sighed. He looked around and found something to wipe his hands with. 

His broad shoulders stretched the fabric of his shirt and I wondered where that tattoo ends. He's never looked more dark and dangerous than he does right now. I always knew he was a businessman with a finesse of something darker. Tonight I got a glimpse of it. 

        "Would you like a drink, Kat?" I heard Rocco's voice from behind his brother. Renzo had me leaning against his desk while he'd been towering over me talking to me. Renzo inhaled and then exhaled a long breath to calm himself. He walked me to the sofa, and before he let me sit he took his suit jacket that was draped over the back of it, to put the coat around me. He was covering me up, which I found odd since all his other employees are basically naked.

I put my arms into the sleeves anyway, and then I took a seat because my legs felt shaky and they'd probably give out on me if I didn't. 

When I sat down the hem of the babydoll dress went higher, and the end of my white stockings were visible. I hugged Renzo's jacket closer to me and his scent engulfed me in the most comforting way. 

        Renzo sat between me and his brother, so that I was at the very end of the sofa. Rocco leaned forward and uncapped the expensive looking bottle before pouring me a little bit of the amber liquid, sliding it down the table. I thanked him quietly, but I hated how silent it was right now. 

I could feel Renzo studying me and I could see their friend curiously looking my way. I didn't have it in me to be polite and introduce myself. Not right now. 

"How are you, Kat? It's okay if you're shaken up" Rocco gave me his friendly half smile to disarm me. The opposite of how his brother makes me feel. "I don't wanna even think of it" I shivered, then I finally managed to look Renzo in the face with full eye contact. 

        "I'm sorry I made you fight in front of your patrons" I told him. He shook his head for whatever reason. "Trust me, I've done worse" was all he said, and it's vagueness left a large hole I wanted to fill but couldn't fathom. He beat the hell out of that guy...what's worse than that? I suddenly gulped. 

Renzo snagged his glass of whiskey and finished it's contents in one gulp. When he set it back down on the table he lifted my glass and handed it to me. I took the drink as a shot as well, but shivered after and stuck out my tongue in disgust. It made the man I don't know sort of laugh.

 "I'm sorry to be rude. I'm not myself right now. My name is Kat" I leaned over Renzo to shake his hand, but realized I couldn't reach. 

I almost stood up, but Renzo's large sexy hand was placed on my thigh silently telling me to stay put. I was swimming in the size of his large coat around my petite frame. I felt hidden in here, which is good because I've never dressed this provocative. 

These stockings give me this teasing vibe that isn't me.

        "I'm Dante, their cousin" the guy introduced himself. He was also in a suit, but I noticed his neck tattoo. He had the same Italian skin, and dark hair and features like the other two. Only Renzo had the blue eyes and I wondered where he got them from. "Nice to meet you" I murmured to him.