Chapter 91 (Renzo's POV)

It was dark in the room. I had drawn all the blinds so that even the moon's light couldn't shine dimly through it. Leaning back in the plush armchair, I rested my left ankle onto my right knee and waited. Won't be long now. I was tinkering with something in my hands. The metal of a gun doesn't shine in the dark, but the lights will be on soon. 

A false calm had come over me, and I don't know if it's worse or better than the blind rage. One is hasty and rash, but the other is calculated. My mind was sharp when the echo of clacking shoes filled the private hall. I waited for the jingle of the lock. And then the sliver of light as it cascaded across the living room floor from the illumination in the hallway behind him. 

The switch flipped on and all was in the light again.

         "What the-" I had taken Moretti off guard. He swiftly reached for his gun, but I showed him what I was tinkering with in my hand. "Don't" I warned him, showing the silencer already screwed on. "Have a seat Moretti. Let's have a chat" I waved for him to come into his own living room and sit down. He hesitated a moment, but knew any sudden movements would put a bullet through him.

Women adore Gabriele Moretti for his bushel of brown curls and soft eyes. He's good with words and the false air of self control. He can be patient, but when he gets a submissive 'control' isn't always what he has. He safe words a girl out with all the boundaries Moretti is known to push.

        "Don't make a stupid decsion here Revello. I'd hate to have to pull my offer" Moretti smoothed his surprised features over and returned to his naturally smug state. He doesn't want to show fear. No one does. "I said sit" I ordered him now. He took to the sofa opposite the armchair I was occupying. 

"I already swept your place for any hidden weapons, so don't try sneaking that filthy hand of yours anywhere to pull a gun on me" I let him know to save us both time. 

"How the fuck did you get in here? This place is airtight" he tried figuring me out. He's uncomfortable. "Gabriele, do you remember our conversation about Katarina Costa? I distinctly remember telling you to stay away from her. Did I not?" 

Moretti's jaw ticked with annoyance, but he aired the same false calm I was holding. "Something like that" he shrugged. 

        "You knew those texts would upset me and yet you sent them. Why?" I asked just for the hell of it. I don't care why he sent it or not. Just that he did. "Well, Kat's such a sweetheart I thought I might pass on a friendly hello" his smug face was already chafing at me. I laughed humorlessly. It came out low and deep like a warning would.

"She is sweet. And she's also MINE" I barked out in the end but settled myself back down. "Oh, come now, don't be like that" Moretti shook his head in mock disappointment. I lifted my gun.

"You're so fucking arrogant, but did you think I came here to threaten you with the threat of shooting you? No. That's too easy. I came here, Gabriele, to remind you who the fuck you're dealing with." I sat up straight in the chair and just barely held back from switching this false calm to that blind rage of mine. 

But someone would end up dead that way. 

        "Do you think you can threaten me and continue to do business with me? You just fucked yourself and your whole family over with this one" he thought he had the upper hand. It's laughable. I was sure to laugh in his face so he knew it. 

"Shut the fuck up before I take a finger just for the hell of it. I know something about you, Moretti. Something you will ask me to keep to myself or it's more than a finger you would lose, isn't it?"