Chapter 63 (Renzo's POV)

I sat at my desk rubbing my forehead. I have a major headache coming on and I know it's from the stress. Everything was going just fine until the truth surfaced. I beat the hell out of the goon who left our secret door open when we'd been carrying in the crates. It's his fault she found that place. 

Dante even tried texting Kat since they'd gotten along in the past, but she hadn't answered him either. She's afraid, I get that, but she's talking nonsense if she thinks I'm just gonna let her go. I wouldn't have even left her apartment if not for my belief that a little space tonight might do her some good. 

        I got a man outside the house who will let me know if anyone comes or goes. I hadda come back here to finish up some work even though it's the last thing I wanna be doing. It's crazy that just 6 hours ago I was making her mine, filling her with my cum to claim every inch of her inside and out. 

And I'd stayed over for another 30 minutes after, which isn't like me, but her small sexy body curled into my side wasn't terrible. Her finger kept trailing the lines of my tattoo sleeve and we'd been quiet and comfortable. 

        That's the split I am talking about when I say it's two different worlds. The Renzo that Kat knows might be an asshole, but he isn't a mobster or a murderer. I lied to her face when she asked me if I have ever killed anybody. I have killed more people than I should probably admit, but she can never know that. Ever.

The Renzo she knows buys her groceries when he fucks up, since he doesn't know how to say sorry, and he's the guy that takes her to lunch, and listens to her talk for an hour in her animated way that only comes out when she's talking about something she loves or is interested in.

She thinks I am the guy who calls the police when four dutch idiots try to rob me and hurt my girls. Girl. I didn't call the police. I beat their asses and shot them execution style. I got rid of their bodies in a funeral home I basically own. 

        Those are the two worlds I am living in. One doesn't have to bleed into the other if she just drops this whole Mafia secret she uncovered, and just goes back to how it was. But didn't it already bleed together? She got caught up in my club, dealt with a pervert, got a gun held to her head by the pervert's family, and met Moretti who she gave herself to without knowing who she was fucking.

I can't even think about it without seeing red. 

        I rubbed my forehead again then rummaged through the desk to see if I had any aspirin in here. I texted my goon downstairs to find me some damn Advil or something. My club is heavily guarded tonight because even if I have that whole secret basement I don't fuck around with guarding my supplies. That's way too much money wrapped up in those boxes. That's close to a milli down there. 

When there was a knock at the door I called my goon in, but who came instead was Dante and Rocco. "Whatever it is you wanna lecture me about, just save it. I have a monster headache and zero patience" I warned them. 

Dante approached my desk and opened his hand revealing two round white pills. My aspirin.

        "We weren't coming to bug you. We were just wondering what Kat said. It isn't just you she'll be afraid of. Did you tell her she doesn't need to worry about us?" My cousin asked as he leaned against the closed door. 

"She wanted me to 'let her go' and she doesn't believe a word that comes out of me, so assuring her she is safe isn't really gonna do much" I used my fingers to quote her. "Oh...she wants to cut us out" Dante caught on.

"And what did you say to that?" Rocco chimed in, eyeballing me. "I said no," I deadpanned. His face fell. "Renzo, you can't force this girl to be in our lives if she doesn't wanna be involved with Made men" my brother started in on me.