Chapter 33

On Friday afternoon I was picked up by Rocco and Renzo, so we could shop for the materials we will need in order to decorate for tomorrow. Rocco had shown me some pictures of the boat's cabin interior, so I had an idea of what we're working with. 

The boat looks stunning. I know that much. I've never been on a boat before, so this sounds fun. I asked Rocco if we are supposed to be dressed up or in swimwear, like I would assume people would wear on a boat in the summer. 

He told me his girlfriend was very stylish and although she'd bring a bikini with her she would be in a full blown outfit as well. He said I could do whatever I want. I wasn't sure where that left me.

"Uh, will you be in three piece suits?" Was my way of measuring what I should wear. They had a laugh about that and said no. They'd be in thin button downs and chinos like boating clothes. "I'll wanna look nice for photos" Rocco had told me. I guess I have a general idea on what to wear. 

        I spent the entirety of Friday afternoon with these two men jumping from store to store. We bought flowers, rose petals separate from the flowers, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, about 100 tealight candles, and a few other things. It was a lot and I knew it was going to be so special.

Rocco and I had hammered out the details we'd only touched upon the other night. The logistics of it all. 

For example, I didn't feel comfortable lighting 100 mini tealight candles inside the cabin and leaving it there without supervision for over an hour before the proposal even happened outside, so while I start asking Grace to take pictures of me Dante will slip inside and start lighting them. Maybe Renzo will help, he hasn't exactly volunteered. 

I will then tell her to take some pictures on the tip of the boat, since by this time we'll be in the middle of the water, which has a pretty view of the Boston skyline one way, and the open sea towards the other. 

While I direct her to be looking away Rocco will come forward and drop to his knee, and the rest is history. I'll be recording the whole thing, so it'll be a lovely memory to look back on later for them.

        The one thing I'd been stressing out about was what to wear. I didn't really understand what Rocco meant when he said his girlfriend would be in a full blown outfit and then swimwear. That was until I received a package at my door Friday night. 

Wrapped in a box was a summer dot print navy cover dress, which had a plunging V for a neckline, cut-out detailing on the front and back, a single slit leg, and tied around the waist. It was sheer with bell sleeves, and beneath it was the black bikini I could wear, which was made of the best quality material I have ever seen for swimwear! 

I ended up pairing it with some layered gold chain necklaces, slip-on neutral sandals, and a white box style basket bag for all the extra items I was bringing with me on Grace's behalf. 

I also had a pair of round fun summer sunglasses. I don't feel so nervous anymore to fit in. I didn't have to read the card attached to know who sent it but I did anyway. 'Wear this. R.R' I could pretend those initials meant Rocco Revello, but I knew better.

        On Saturday, July 4th, at 1pm I saw my very first luxury yacht. I was given the grand tour and this is all I could retain from everything I was taught today. You climb the forward deck with a private entrance to a wide-open stateroom. A raised sofa and table gives this space the perfect spot for us to enjoy some shade and snacks. 

Four steps down is the private stateroom with its enormous private bed and bath suite with spa tub and marble-clad shower, spacious his and hers vanity, and a backlit mirror. A platform raised king mattress and craftsmanship cabinetry.