7 • letter

playlist: Life Goes On - BTS
word count: 1091

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

Narrator's POV

The girls were gathered together in their house, seated in the dining area, enjoying a meal. They were relishing a delicious Kimchi Jjigae (Kimchi stew) prepared by Dahyun and Chaeyoung, while Tzuyu was busy making milkshakes for everyone. As they neared the end of their dinner, Tzuyu opted to initiate a conversation, breaking the silence rather than having a quiet meal.Tzuyu: sorry to bring it back unnie but im just wondering how you are feeling now?

Dahyun: *sighs* I'm actually okay. Slowly moving forward, you know? Heh.

Tzuyu: It's alright to miss them, unnie. And just so you remember, we'll always be here for you.

Dahyun: Thanks, girls... But don't you guys miss them too?

Chaeyoung: Well, kind of... But we weren't as close as you were with them, so yeah. I do miss hanging out with alien Tae though, not gonna lie.

Dahyun: What about you, Tzu?

Tzuyu: What about me, what?

Chaeyoung: Don't you miss bickering with Kook?

Tzuyu: I'm not sure.

Dahyun: Tzuu-ahh, like you said, you don't have to be shy about admitting that you miss them.

Tzuyu: I do miss them a bit-their annoying antics at school. But I wasn't much of a talker with them anyway, so I'm not sure, unnies. Sorry...

Chaeyoung: It's okay, Tzu. We know we all miss them... But there's nothing we can do about it.

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

Dahyun's POV

I've chosen to compose a letter for him as well. However, I won't be sending it; I don't even have his current address.

Our long-distance relationship isn't feasible. He'll remain distant indefinitely, with no chance of returning or visits. Perhaps in the future, he might come back, likely years later, after memories of me have faded.

Returning to the letter, he bid farewell to me, and now I intend to do the same. However, it won't exactly be a goodbye since he departed weeks ago. Instead, I plan to pour out my emotions in this letter. Additionally, I've decided to restart journaling about my daily life.

I used to keep a journal when I began high school, finding it productive. However, I stopped a few months ago due to the increased challenges in my education. But now, I'll gather my thoughts and emotions once again as I resume this practice.

Hey Chim,
Do you recall me at all? I'm here writing you this letter, letting my emotions flow onto this blank paper. First and foremost, I want to convey how deeply I care for you. I miss you terribly. Having you around, seeing you every day, it was an integral part of my life. Now that you've departed, my heart aches, and the pain is profound.
Despite that, I sincerely wish you all the best in your new place. I hope you accomplish everything you aspire to and even more. I haven't truly articulated how much you mean to me. Since you entered my life, you've made it beautiful, and you've transformed me in the most positive ways.
However, as I witnessed you pack and leave, I can't shake this feeling of sadness. I'm genuinely happy for you, knowing you'll embark on a new journey in that city. But acknowledging that you'll be far from me is a harsh reality that's difficult to come to terms with.
~ Kim Dahyun

I'll pause for now and place the letter inside an empty box for safekeeping. In the near future, when my emotions are intense and turbulent, akin to wild dogs, I might craft more letters. Alternatively, I might opt to continue with my journal writing-I'm uncertain for now but will discover my preferred method as time unfolds.

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

While scrolling through Instagram in the living room, I was with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu when I suddenly remembered Jiyu unnie's inquiry. She had asked if Jimin had left anything in my room before he departed.

From what I understand-or at least what I think I know-why would he have left anything in my room? And if he did, what could it possibly be? His phone? Wallet? Charger? Lotion? Hair gel? It seems highly improbable that he would leave any of those items behind. Though theoretically, he might have left them, but then how would he contact Jiyu if he didn't have his phone? As for his wallet, he'd probably check if he had it or not and most likely return to retrieve it. For other items, he could simply buy new ones.

Perhaps he left a letter for Jiyu? Various thoughts and assumptions flooded my mind, prompting me to dash to my room. I rushed without caring about the mess I left behind.

Chaeyoung: WHOA THERE UNNIE, CALM DOWN!

Realizing I probably startled Chaeyoung with my sudden sprint, I calmly went from sitting to a sudden rush towards my room. Sorry, Chae...

Now, where could I possibly find 'this' something that Jimin might have left behind... Hmm.

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

Dahyun: MY ROOM IS IN TOTAL DISARRAY!! WHERE IN THE WORLD COULD I FIND 'THIS THING' HE LEFT?!?!

I couldn't control my frustration and let out an exasperated yell. Suddenly, two sets of footsteps hurried towards my room, causing a commotion as they reached my door.

Chaeyoung: WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING SO LOUD?!

Tzuyu: Chae unnie, you're yelling too.

Chaeyoung: Sorry, I got carried away there.

Tzuyu: Anyway, what's wrong, unnie?

Dahyun: Nothing... It's nothing.

I replied to them in an irritated tone and continued rummaging through my incredibly messy room. Although I claimed it was nothing, the actual issue was significant to me. But what could I do? I wasn't ready to share the problem with them just yet.

Chaeyoung: WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'NOTHING'?!

Dahyun: Chaenggg, calm down.

Tzuyu: Unnie, you rushed out from the living room earlier, then screamed, and now your room looks like a disaster. Also, you seem a bit scattered yourself. Sorry about that.

Dahyun: *sighs* Tzu, *sighs*...

Chaeyoung: You can tell us, unnie.

Tzuyu: Yeah, we'll help you with whatever it is. Don't worry, unnie.

Dahyun: Can I really trust you guys?

Chaeyoung: ARE YOU QUESTIONING OUR TRUST??

Dahyun: Chae, I'm kidding. Calm down. I trust both of you completely.

Tzuyu: Then, spill it, unnie...

Should I really tell them? Or should I make up excuses or lie? Honestly, I myself don't even know what I'm looking for. If I don't know, how will they find 'this' thing? And for a fact, I'm not even sure if Jimin actually left anything behind or if Jiyu unnie was mistaken.

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••