25 • daily

playlist: Boyz With Fun - BTS
word count: 884

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

Narrator's POV

since that day, the two became closer and spent more time together. they went on a date, 'AS FRIENDS' is what they would say when their friends tease them.

Chaeyoung: where are you going unnie?

Chaeyoung said when she saw Dahyun came out all dressed up from her room.

she is wearing her comfy grey sweatpants, plain white shirt and a soft beige fluffy coat.

Tzuyu: probably like usual, going out with ehem ehem..

Dahyun sheepishly smiled at the teasings

Chaeyoung: do you know what ur doing?
Dahyun: ice skating
Chaeyoung: aww thats fun.. i wanna join..

Chaeyoung pouted a little,

Dahyun: next time Chae, bye girls,..

the oldest said before she head to the front door and left.

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

outside, there was a young man standing in front of his car waiting for a dear one. he was leaning on his car one hand folded on his chest while the other one is scrolling through his phone.

he is wearing a black jeans, plain black shirt and a soft beige jacket over the shirt.

he stopped when he saw the front door house cracking open. he stood up properly watching every step of the other.

he saw a young girl, his dear one, stepping out the door, walking down the porch and a few seconds later the young girl ended up in front of him.

he scanned her outfit and saw that her jacket is a similar color as his own,

Jimin: are you copying me?

the girl got taken a back by his question,

Dahyun: wha-? no? what do you mean?

Jimin pointed to her coat and to his jacket, and saw the expressionless reaction on her face and her raised eyebrow.

he smiled and cooed at how cute she is when shes having her irked expression. he went closer to her and pinched her cheeks making her scrunch her nose from the touch.

after a few seconds playing with her cheeks he engulfed her in a hug. one hand on her waist and the other hand playing with her hair.

Dahyun hugged him back, both hands under his armpit, around his body resting on his waist. she rested her head on his chest closer to his neck.

he rocked their bodies side to side for a while before pulling back and pecked her forehead. in silence, they stared at each others eyes for a few seconds.

they were too lost in each others eyes before Jimin broke their silence,

Jimin: lets go?

Dahyun nodded and followed Jimin to the shot gun seat. he opened the car door, Dahyun stepped in and mumbled a small thanks before Jimin closed the door.

after Jimin started driving, he asked the other,

Jimin: any song suggestions?
Dahyun: im fine with any

he nodded and turned the radio on and let the radio pick the song out for their car ride.

it was a fine ride, quiet atmosphere, only the radio songs where filling up the sounds. Dahyun was casually singing the song mentally in her head until a specific song came out.

Deja Vu - Olivia Rodrigo

car rides to malibu
strawberry ice cream
one spoon for two
and trading jackets
laughing bout how small it looks on you

Dahyun tensed up from the song lyrics

watching reruns of glee
being annoying
singing in harmony
i bet shes bragging
to all her friends saying youre so unique

even if he's right beside her, even if she hangs with him a lot more nowadays, she sometimes still has the thoughts of him being with another woman and doubling her.

so when youre gonna tell her
that we did that too
she thinks it special
but its all reuse

that was our place
i found it first
i made the jokes
you tell to her
when shes with you

do you get deja vu when shes with you? ~
do you get deja vu?

Dahyun turned away, facing the side window, her heart still aching a little.

do you call her
almost say my name
cus lets be honest
we kinda do sound the same

another actress
i hate to think that i was just your type

i bet that she knows billy joel
cus you played her uptown girl

youre singing it together
i bet you even tell her how you love her
in between the chorus and the verse

there might have been a small, tiny tear coming out from Dahyuns eyes, but she immediately wiped it away pretending that theres just dust in her eyes.

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

author note: sorry i took a few weeks break from writing since my schedule is literally packed👊