12 • dinner

playlist: Dynamite - BTS
word count: 836

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

Narrator's POV

Chaeyoung: should we dress up casual or fancy?
Dahyun: i say in the middle, like not too fancy like we're going to a ball or something but still acceptable to use for dinner.
Tzuyu: i thought so too.
Chaeyoung: okay then!

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

author note: i kinda just wanna point out their outfits. i got bored so i went to search for their dresses.

Dahyun •

Chaeyoung •

Chaeyoung •

Tzuyu •

i dont know okay😭 i was just really bored and i decided to go on pinterest and search random dressed and its like 03

i dont know okay😭 i was just really bored and i decided to go on pinterest and search random dressed and its like 03.28 am rn...

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

Narrator's POV

since they dont have a car, the three girls went to book a car ride online. while they were waiting for their ride, Chaeyoung got a little hungry and decided to eat some chips first.

Dahyun was continually asking Tzuyu where they are going cause they dont go out a lot, she doesnt know a lot of famous restaurants among where they live.

a few minutes later, Tzuyu got a call from their online driver aka taxi saying that he was already infront of their house. they went out to see an orange car in front of their house.

the three went in the back seat and the driver started to drove off to the place Tzuyu marked on the map.

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

after a solid 15 minutes ride to the restaurant, the girls were now standing infront of a building after paying the driver with a tip and hoping out of the car. the restaurant pretty much looks like a hotel with a giant mark on top which is probably the name spelling "Yu Yuan".

Tzuyu: welcome unnies! this is Yu Yuan, a chinese restaurant in seoul!

Dahyun and Chaeyoung were still exploring with how big the restaurant is.

Tzuyu: lets go inside!

the dining room, with its seductive jade walls, marble flooring, opulent furnishings, and elegant dinnerware, was inspired by the glamor and glamour of 1920s shanghai.

while other chinese regions are represented on the menu, cantonese cuisine predominates. pecking duck, crispy pork belly, and cantonese style steamed sea bream are among the standout dishes.

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

Tzuyu is half chinese and half korean. her mother is chinese while her father is korean. she was born in china but grew up mostly in seoul, south korea.

even if she doesnt speak that fluent of chinese since she spend almost all her life time in korea, she do still once in a while go to china to meet her family that lives there.

learning the chinese culture that she couldnt learn when she was younger. she went to chinese restaurants with her family and loving the taste of chinese foods.

which is why tonight, she decided to take Dahyun and Chaeyoung to a chinese restaurant and see if they would like the taste and vibe of chinese foods.

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

Tzuyu's ancestry is chinese-korean. While she is studying in korea, her entire family is residing in china. Tzuyu stays with Dahyun and Chaeyoung for this reason.

this whole dinner, they chat a lot about their families. where they are at right now and how they are.

Chaeyoung: hey Tzu!
Tzuyu: yea unnie?
Chaeyoung: what about you? do you miss your family?

Tzuyu sighs, thinking of her family and what they are currently doing right now.

Tzuyu: personally, i do really miss them..
Chaeyoung: are you planning on going back to china?
Tzuyu: i think so..
Dahyun: you should try going then..
Tzuyu: but im not sure what i would do there..

Tzuyu mumbled silently

Dahyun: visit your family for sometime, i know they miss you too of course..
Chaeyoung: you havent seen them in real life in long time Tzu.. you should meet them or something.. all you do is video call.
Dahyun: and sometimes its not even that long.

they became quiet. Dahyun and Chaeyoung waiting to what Tzuyu is gonna answer while Tzuyu is thinking on what she should be doing.

Tzuyu: maybe after highschool ill try visiting them for a bit, but...
Dahyun: but?
Chaeyoung: but what?

Tzuyu: but why dont they try visiting me too?
Dahyun: well..

Dahyun started but got cut off by Tzuyu right away.

Tzuyu: they know i am here for school.. why don't they try coming here for sometime. they are supposed to be koreans too right..
Chaeyoung: yes Tzuyu, but maybe they have an explanation on why they dont come here.
Dahyun: you should try asking then the next time you call with your family alright?

Tzuyu just give them a simple short nod as a yes.

Chaeyoung: lets order ice cream shall we?? unnie and dongsaeng??
Tzuyu: jeez Chae unnie.. how many times should i tell you that we are only like 2 months apart or something..
Chaeyoung: 2 months is a huge gap lil' sis..

Tzuyu and Dahyun playfully rolled their eyes..

••• 🤎 • 🥀 •••

author note: bangtan members made a lot of updates today so why not make an update too even though its pretty short, so im sorry.. (26/06/22)

i miss those days.. now all the members are in military, we'll be waiting till june 2025 for them to reunite❤️‍🩹 - 23 december 2023