Chapter 12 - Labyrinth I

3rd POV

  After Rimuru dealt with Yuuki and Chaos dragon, all he need to do was explain the situation and go on with his original plan.

  However as he was flying back to the people, he couldn't think of a way to explain the situation to them without risking to reveal his identity.

  Rimuru was frustrated as he kept thinking while flying. This is going to be another problem for him...

Rimuru POV 

  I'm currently flying over the empty streets in capital of Ingracia. All of the people had evacuated due to appearance of the Chaos dragon.

  Now that problem is over I'm on my way to tell Shizu and the others to tell them it's okay.

  However there is a single problem. A huge one to be precise. I have to explain to them what happened to their guild's grandmaster and about the appearance of the dragon.

  It can be explained easily if I reveal my identity, but that is the last thing I want to do. Seriously, if my cover is blown here, my goal of family reunion will be shredded like a piece of paper.

  As I was troubled by this, I arrived at the outskirt of the city where the others are waiting.

"Rimuru-san! Are you okay?" Shizu said immediately after spotting me.

  I flapped down to the ground and made my wing disappear.

"Would you please not mention my name as much as you could? I really don't want to get attention." (Rimuru)

"But what happened exactly?" Shizu said and the people gathered around us are eager to know too.

'How the hell should I explain it to them?' I thought as I felt sweat running down my body.

"Uhh, listen everyone! It seems that your guild's grandmaster wasn't really a nice man and summoned a Chaos dragon." (Rimuru)

  Before I could continue, I was stopped by numerous questions which I couldn't understand clearly due to so many people speaking at the same time.

"Hey! Just stop questioning and let her speak!" Someone in the crowd shouted making the others gradually calm down.

  I was thankful to whomever that might have been, but did that person just said 'she'?

"Thank you. But before I could continue I need to make sure of this. I'm not a 'she'." (Rimuru)

  That brought another wave of confused questions which died down after 3 minutes.

"So, about the flame pillar that almost destroyed your city was the Chaos dragon getting defeated by my nie- I mean demon lord Milim." (Rimuru)

  Phew, I almost made a huge mistake there. Luckily the crowd are more focused on the dragon and the demon lord.

"Everything is safe now, so you can return to your home. Oh, also you need to fix the wall at the east side. I couldn't cover that part so it was completely blown away." (Rimuru)

  I finished talking and before anyone could ask me anything, I concealed my presence entirely making them unable to see me.

  I stayed like that beside Shizu until the crowd gradually disappear until there is nobody remaining around us. Some people tried to ask Shizu about me, but thankfully she didn't tell them anything.

"Rimuru-san, are you still there?" (Shizu)

"Oh sorry. I forgot to undo my invisivility." I said as I reappeared in front of her.