Chapter 22 - Aftermath

Kumara POV

 I am currently inside the abandoned house at the forest covered mountain near the empire's capital.

 Next to me was my mom and dad. Dad was sitting on a chair with his eyes closed while mom was doing some calculations with me sitting on her lap.

 She contacted that weird black guy who was supposed to be a primordial demon and ordered him to get some of his 'friends'. She told me not to tell this to dad which I nodded yes.

 I just hope that those friends are not weird like that black guy. What was his name again? I think that it was Dia- something.

 We were currently going through mom's plan. Me and dad infiltrate the castle and meet aunt Velgrynd who must be under control based on the information.

 Then, dad absorbs her and obtains {Multiple existence} and escape the castle with me, leaving another him with about 10% of his power. He then have to face the mastermind behind all this and disappear from that place by swallowing himself.

 Though it was mom's plan which I completely trust, I almost had a heart attack when aunt Velgrynd tried to burn me down to ash. Moreover, to swallow himself? Is that even possible in the first place?

"Wow, that was totally not pleasant to eat myself." Dad said suddenly as he opened his eyes. He looked at me and smiled which I smiled back.

"Ciel, how is nee-san right now?" Dad asked mom as he stood up from his chair.

"She seems to be shocked by the sight another you sent. I think you should talk to her now." She then looked down at me and asked, "Do you want to come too, Kumara-chan?"

 I was greatly conflicted by her question. Of course she is my aunt, but at the first meeting with her, I almost turned into a roasted fox if it wasn't for dad. Aunt Velgrynd was... how do I say this; too short-tempered and terrifying.

"You don't have to worry. She won't attack you now." (Rimuru)

 Dad smiled at me reassuringly, which made me feel safe, so I nodded yes. And the next moment, we were inside the imaginary space.

"Let me go Rimuru! Please. I can't just let Rudra disappear!" As soon as we entered the imaginary space, aunt Velgrynd rushed toward dad. She was still a stunning beauty, but there were droplets of tears in her eyes.

"What, Rudra? Onee-san just calm down and explain it to me." (Rimuru)

"There's no time for that! I need to go now before he disappears completely!" Aunt Velgrynd said desperately. Whoever this Rudra is, he must be very important to her. Is he my uncle perhaps?

 As dad was trying to calm her down with an uneasy look, mom interfered.

"Velgrynd, calm down. We'll let you go, but first, we should modify your skill first." Mom said gently but firmly.

"My skill? Never mind, I'll do whatever you tell me to do, so please let me go!" (Velgrynd)

"Good. Now take my hand." Aunt Velgrynd immediately reached out and grabbed her hand. The next moment, mom's eyes began to glow and the voice of the world rang inside my head.

[Notice: Individual Velgrynd's {Charity king Raguel} had evolved into {Flame god Cthuga}. This announcement was concealed by Manas: Ciel.]

 Huh? Concealed? How is that possible in the first place? Mom is far stronger than I expected. I'm really happy that I have such a great mother.

"You can go now Velgrynd. Just let us know when you come back." Mom said as she let go off aunt Velgrynd's hand.

"Thank you, thank you Ciel! I'll never forget this." With that, aunt Velgrynd disappeared from the imaginary space.