Chapter 27 - Gathering forces

3rd POV

 At the middle of a clearing somewhere in the Jura forest, stood a closed stone gate which was decorated with numerous ancient languages and sculptures, which made it look quite intimidating.

 Beyond that door lies a labyrinth made by the spirit queen and also, an almighty demon lord Ramiris. The labyrinth was filled with nothing except maze until the 90th floor.

 However beneath it lies a whole town of monsters from the Jura forest.

 After the invasion of the empire, the surviving monsters swarmed to the labyrinth, begging for protection. Their numbers were significantly lower than before the invasion but still it was quite huge number almost around fifty thousand.

 To their relief, they were accepted immediately and was able to enter... only to froze in fear and admiration at the sight of a demon lord/spirit queen and two dragons.

 What surprised them more is that one of the dragons who had golden eyes and silverish blue hair, offered to name all of them after talking with someone who looked almost same as him but with red eyes.

 Of course they accepted it with gratitude as they swore their loyalty to him. After the naming, few of them were selected and were taken to the another floor.

 They were nervous at first, and that turned out to be right, partially that is.

 The floor they were sent was 100th floor. There was a large hall with nothing but some stone pillars. They were told to stand in front of the wooden platform which they did obediently.

 Few minutes later, there were some footsteps from behind the platform and five figures appeared on looking at the 'selected' ones intensely.

Rimuru POV

 I am now standing on some kind of platform with Ciel, Veldora, Benimaru, and Diablo. In front of were the 'selected' monsters standing straight without single movement.

 This was also one of Ciel's amazing plans; To create elite force to fight Michael. At first I thought I already had enough power but then I thought it would be better since the enemy were strong.

 By analyzing them while giving names, Ciel and I selected the monsters with potential who were now standing in front of us.

 They were starting from the left; Geld the orc, Souka and Gabiru the lizardman, Zelgion and Apito the insector, Rigur and Gobuta the goblin.

 Though the last one was a bit nervous, they were the ones with potential of incredible growth.

"Hello everyone. For the reason I called you today is to train you guys. You would already know that there's a battle going on, but the enemies are not using full force. That's why we need to gather more power. And I'm asking you to become that power."

 I paused for a bit and looked at them. They were listening intently and some of them had a look that seems to say that he could go out and crush the enemy right away.

"I'm not forcing anyone to do this. I know that all of you had lost lots of precious friends and its natural thing to want safety instead of fight. But it'll be appreciated if you could lend me your power." (Rimuru)

 Immediately after I finished speaking, there was a roar from the monsters saying, "We will use every bit of our strength for you, Rimuru-sama!!!"

"Good. You will be trained by these people. You might not know some of us, so let me introduce them."

"This is my brother Veldora. The storm dragon as you already know." I said as I pointed at him. He looked like he had been waiting for the time to introduce himself but was stopped by Ciel.