Chapter 32 - Rising nightmare

3rd POV

"Rimuru! Please come to the 100th floor as fast as possible!"

 A message from Ramiris woke up Rimuru who was dozing off in the house on the 99th floor.

 Rimuru wrinkled his eyes in frustration at first, but then he noticed the urgency in Ramiris's voice and quickly stood up.

 Rimuru notifyed Kumara about the message and activated {Spacial travel}, instantly arriving at the round table at the center of the labyrinths' deepest floor.

"Rimuru! You came." Ramiris greeted him with the serious expression different from her usually carefree ones.

 Rimuru gave a nod and looked around to see the others. His three siblings, the demon lords, and most of the leaders from other countries were there. They all had grim and serious expressions like Ramiris.

"So what's the matter?" Rimuru asked. He had sensed that there was a serious crisis since otherwise the people here won't have gathered all at once.

"Let me explain the situation. Rimuru-sama." Obera, who was standing behind Ramiris said. She raised her hand and made an image appear at the center of the table.

 It was an empty space filled with endless darkness. Oma, Obera's subordinate, was floating around in that space with the other soldiers, fully armed and highly alerted.

<<Analysis completed. It is the realm where cryptids and world destroying dragon Ivaraj reside.>>

 But I can't sense anything except the soldiers.

 Rimuru looked closely at the image in search of any sign of them but none were found. The only thing there was empty space.

"Three days ago, me and my troops went back to our job. However, when we reached the realm, there was no sign of any cryptids and our base was shattered too." Obera said as the image closed in to the empty space where their base must have been.

"Though it was damaged a lot when Michael attacked before we came here but it wasn't completely erased. But the worst part is that Ivaraj is gone."

"What do you mean 'gone'? Does this mean it died?" Rimuru asked. However he somehow knew it wasn't the case. Something told him that threats are tightening up around them.

"Unfortunately it isn't dead. We just can't find where it is. For now, it appears that it evolved after consuming the souls of our soldiers who died in Michael's ambush."

 Rimuru stiffened as he realized what was going on. If the incarnation of destruction consumed souls and evolved, that means-

<<Affirmative. It would have obtained an ego.>>

"This is bad." Rimuru said after hearing Ciel's conclusion.

"Yes. Ivaraj is extremely strong. Even more than Michael since it evolved. No, we don't know how exactly strong it is right now." Velzard said. As one of the eldest one in the place, Velzard saw Ivaraj's strength herself.

"And that thing happens to be the world destroying dragon. So sooner or later it'll come here to destroy everything." Guy said. Even though he appears to be serious, Rimuru could see a hint of excitement from him.

"That's why we are all here. Even though we just finished a huge battle, we still need to remain cautious. It's just like before. The enemy could appear anywhere at anytime. The only difference is wherever or whenever it is, it'll be much worse than before." (Ramiris)

"Tch, How irritating. It's like an invisible hawk is flying above our head, ready to strike at any moment." Luminas clicked her tongue impatiently. Her territory was still recovering from the damage caused by the giants and the existence of another threat wasn't something to be welcomed.