Chapter 19 - Revenge

3rd POV

  Two man were sitting on the chair with his legs on the desk inside his office. It was quite luxurious office considering the owner was a military officer.

  One of them, who had his beard well trimmed, had a cigarette in his mouth. His expression was cold and he had a look that gives fear to those who face him.

  The other one was wearing an elegant suit with a teacup in his hand. Though he looked like an office worker more than a soldier, he was the man who possessed strong power.

"So, Kansas. How are you doing these days?" The man in a suit asked as he took a sip from his cup.

"Same as usual. Looking for things that'll raise my position in the empire and of course yours too, Minits." Kansas replied with a smirk as he puffed out some smoke in the air.

  Colonel Kansas was the man who will do anything for his own good. He did everything including some criminal acts to raise his power.

  One of his greatest achievements was the destruction of Youma village. He destroyed the whole Cryptid country and secured the local region, making his standing in empire rise significantly. Of course, there was no threat at all about that place, but Kansas killed some of the merchants and placed there body near it, spreading the rumor that the cryptids were threat. And just like that he destroyed the innocent country to achieve his ambition.

  As the two men were talking to each other, someone knocked on the door and a soldier under Kansas's command came in.

"What is it?" Kansas asked with an uninterested voice. However the news the soldier brought caught his attention immediately.

"Release of an immense aura had been detected near the place where Cryptid country used to be. The cause is still unknown and we are currently readying for reaction." (Soldier)

  Kansas's eyes immediately sharpened at the mention of the place he once destroyed. After thinking for a second, he gave an order to the soldier.

"Stop the preparation. I'll be heading there alone." (Kansas)

"But colonel, isn't it dangero-" The soldier stopped talking as he met Kansas's cold gaze. He just bowed without finishing his speech and went out of the room.

"It seems there is a little problem to you. I figure that you can handle it on your own, right?" Minites said once the soldier left.

"Of course. Nothing will go unharmed if they hinder our plan." Kansas said as he stood up and walked out of the room, heading to the place where it will be his grave.

...

...

...

  In the clearing at the edge of the forest near the empire's border, Kumara was releasing her aura at its maximum. Her aura was fused with her anger, making it much more stronger than usual.

  The man who killed her friends. The man who destroyed her home. The man who killed her family. The man who took everything from her was coming to her.

  Kumara felt her wrath flaming inside her as she thought of the day when her home burned and all of the people she knew got killed. When she heard the truth about the incident from Clayman, a goal was set deep inside her.

  It was to take revenge on the man who destroyed everything she had. That man with a disgusting smirk and ugly beard. Colonel Kansas.

  As her fury began to submerge her, a voice echoed through her mind.

<<Keep calm. You won't achieve anything by letting your anger take the full control.>>

  It was the voice of her mom. The one who took care of her with warmth and gave her love. One of the two people who she considered family for the first time after her mother died.