Chapter 23 - Velzard

3rd POV

 It was another same boring day at the sky castle. It was a good thing that the heaven, the most heavily guarded realm in the world was peaceful. However, not everyone was satisfied with this continuous peace.

 Inside one of the room in the sky castle, white ice dragon Velzard was sprawled on her bed with nothing interesting to do. She was bored to the bottom of her existence as she had nothing to do.

 Velzard was all alone in the castle as every single of her siblings wasn't home. Velgrynd was out again with Rudra in the cardinal world and Veldanava went off to somewhere again without telling anyone where he was heading to.

"Why is there nothing interesting going on in this world?" Velzard complained as she rolled on her bed.

 She had already went around the cardinal world several dozen times and froze the quarter of the castle already, leaving her with nothing to do.

 It's not like she can go out freely in the first place since Velgrynd didn't have the key to the heaven which means she has to be there to open it for her.

"Even though it's me, I really look pathetic." Velzard muttered with a sigh as she stared at the reflection of her dull self on the frozen ceiling of the room.

 Just at that moment, a loud crashing noise came from the direction of the castle's gate, followed by a enormous shockwave which shook the entire building. Velzard immediately sprang up from the bed and ran toward the window.

 Her boredom was completely washed away as the completely destroyed gate came into her view through the broken window. Cloud of dust was covering the whole area and the debris of the crash were laying everywhere.

 Feeling the excitement bubbling up inside her, Velzard jumped out of the window of her room which was on the fifth floor and lightly landed on the ground.

 The cloud of dust made by the explosion was still covering the surroundings when she landed. Finding it quite annoying, Velzard made it go away with a single wave of her hand.

 Once the dust died away, a silverish blue haired figure who had an uneasy look on his face was standing in the middle of an ten meter radius crater.

'Now, someone who can destroy the gate of sky castle must be able to give me some entertainment!' Velzard thought excitedly as she fired the spear of ice which was enhanced with her power at the person standing in front of her.

 His eyes widened as he saw the spear coming to him at the speed that surpassed the speed of sound many times. Just as the spear was about to pierce its target, black and purple swirl came out of him and swallowed Velzard's attack.

 Although her attack was blocked, Velzard was delighted that finally someone who may give her a nice fight appeared.

"To destroy the sky castle's gate and block my attack easily. I should say that I'm quite impressed." Velzard said as she approached the person, gathering her aura in her hand.

"Wh- what? This was your home? I'm really sorry!" The person said frantically with a guilty look. Though he looked nervous, it seemed that it was totally not because of her fighting intent.

"There's no need to worry. I just want you to fight me. I was really bored since there's not many people who can bring me up an actual fight." Velzard replied with a smile as she began to release her aura.

 The warm temperature of the heaven began to drop drastically and the near surroundings of her froze under the extreme coldness.

"Wait a minute. Are you perhaps Velzard?" The man said as he glanced at the frozen surroundings.