Chapter 21 - Imposter

3rd POV

 The following day of Rimuru's arrival, Velgrynd once again visited Rudra. Part of her was uneasy of telling Rudra about Rimuru as he might try to control him. However she couldn't lie to Rudra either.

"So it was your brother. That makes sense why Kondo failed to detect him." Rudra said after listening to Velgrynd's story. He thought for a moment and asked Velgrynd.

"How strong is he?" (Rudra)

"Are you going to draw him in our game too?" Velgrynd asked. She already knew what his answer will be and will follow his order, but she was still uneasy about drawing Rimuru in.

"Is there a reason why I shouldn't do that?" (Rudra)

"No, but I must say that it won't be easy. Even though he is in good relationship with all of us, he is especially close with Velzard-nee, so there's a poor chance that he will go against her." (Velgrynd)

"You still haven't answered my first question." Rudra said looking straight into her eyes. Velgrynd was getting more uneasy as she could see what he is thinking now.

'He's going to control Rimuru with {Regalia dominion}...' Velgrynd hesitated at this idea but eventually opened her mouth.

"I don't know." (Velgrynd)

"What do you mean you don't know?" Rudra asked with a frown.

"I've never seen him fight or let out his full power or strength. I only saw him making barriers or disguising himself." Velgrynd replied. She was telling the truth about Rimuru. Even though she had lived with him for a long time, she had never seen his true power not even for once.

"Then how strong is his defense and disguising you saw?" Rudra asked. He was irritated as he couldn't figure out how strong his target is, but continued to try and get more information.

"Though I don't think that was his full power either, the strongest barrier he made was able to block both me and Velzard-nee at the same time." (Velgrynd)

"-what?!" The word escaped his mouth as he couldn't keep it due to how surprised he was. To block two true dragon's attack at the same time, that was literally absurd.

"But he couldn't do anything else when he put out that strong barrier as it required a lot of energy to maintain them." Velgrynd said which made Rudra relax a bit. It was similar to his {Castle guard}, which means that he isn't unbeatable.

"Okay. Now, what about his disguising?" (Rudra)

Velgrynd's face turned serious at his question. She knew that he was shocked at what she said unlike his usual self, but what she's going to say might surprise him more.

"I must say, that there's currently no one in this world who's better than him in that area. He completely erases his precense and moreover he has a manas-" Velgrynd stopped as Rudra flinched suddenly and looked at him worriedly.

"It's okay just continue." (Rudra)

"He has a manas named Ciel who is more like his wife than an assistant. When those two get serious, even Veldanava-nii couldn't find them easily." (Velgrynd)

 Rudra was silent for a moment after she finished explaining. He then told Velgrynd to go, which she reluctantly did.

 After Velgrynd closed the door and her footsteps gradually faded away, Rudra, no, the being that took over his body stood up from his chair.

"So, another true dragon. I must take his dragon factor no matter what in order to revive my master."

 The one who was controlling the body of Rudra, which his soul left already, was Manas: Michael. Rudra managed to suppress Michael for thousands of years, but he eventually drained out and Michael took over his body which was like an empty shell without a soul.