04: fuzzy alarm clocks

"I was in the hospital all whacked out on demerol"

--------

None of the Gilmore Girls were particularly good at getting out of the bed in the morning. But this morning wasn't like other mornings, no this morning was different. Today was the twins first day at Chilton Prep, meaning they needed to get there on time.

The oldest Gilmore ran up the stairs, opening the door to twin sister's room just as Cassie snoozed her alarm. Rory practically jumped onto her younger sister, causing Cassie to let out a groan knowing that she wouldn't be able to fall back asleep any time soon.

"Wake up!"

"What are you, five?" Cassie said, lifting up her pillow so she could use it to hit Rory.

Rory grabbed onto the pillow, now using it to her advantage. She hit Cassie, just like any sister would when provoked. "Come on Cassie, it's our first day."

"Really? I had no idea," Cassie pushed her blanket off, the cold air hitting her body. She shook her head before trying to get back under her covers but of course Rory stopped her. "In this moment, this exact moment, I hate you."

"Yeah, yeah. You'll thank me later."

Knowing that Cassie wouldn't fall back asleep Rory went back downstairs to continue getting ready. All while the younger Gilmore slowly maneuvered around her room to put on all the items that made up her uniform. She wore a plaid skirt that may or may not have been a little bit shorter than Rory's, a pair of white knee high socks. Then of course she had a blue blouse that she had tucked into the skirt and a cropped blazer that showed off the school's logo.

Cassie sat down at her desk, she left her hair in its naturally wavy look, only fixing a couple strands so it wouldn't look like she just rolled out of bed. A natural makeup look was quickly applied as she occasionally glanced over at her clock so she wouldn't be late. Just as she stood up from her desk Rory came bursting into her room for the second time that morning.

"Is your bag packed?" Rory asked her.

"Jeez you're acting more like a Mom than Mom does," Cassie said but still held up her backpack for her sister to see.

The girls got new backpacks for their first day of school. Rory picked a bright yellow one so she'd always know which one was hers while Cassie's was the same brand but a navy blue color. After all she was a sucker for navy blue, and yes part of it is because she loved the Yankees.