42: womb to grave

"Don't ruin their badass moment."

--☆--☆--☆--

"I need your blessing," Josh said excitedly as he took a seat in front of Rory Gilmore. Rory sighed, closing her book, signaling to Josh that he had her undivided attention. "Okay so first I guess I have to tell you something."

"Okay?"

Josh let out a breath, a smile on his face. "I'm in love with your sister." Rory didn't react right away. She sat still, thinking, pondering, not moving at all. "Rory?"

"You're 100% sure?" Rory asked him. "I need you to be 100% sure, not 75%, not 80%, 100%," Rory told him and Josh was a little surprised by her reaction. "You can't tell her something like this if you don't mean it. You can't break her heart, I won't let you. So, are you sure?"

"I've never been more sure about anything in my life," He answered.

"Good," Rory nodded. "Continue."

"I want to tell her and I want-"

"My blessing?" Rory asked and Josh nodded his head.

He knew that Rory and Cassie had gotten in a fight after Rory caught him and Cassie a few weeks ago. And he realized quickly that his friendship with Rory got messed up that night. He wanted to fix that. Which is why he was asking her for her blessing.

"Why does it matter what I think?" Rory asked him.

"You're not just her twin, you're her best friend," Josh answered and Rory nodded, she already knew this. "She depends on you and looks up to you. If you really really think I shouldn't tell her, I need to know."

Rory didn't need to think about her answer. She knew how happy her sister would be once she heard the news, and Rory wanted her to be happy.

"You should tell her."

"Really?" Josh asked skeptically.

"Yeah, really," Rory nodded and a huge grin appeared on Josh's face.

"And uh... do you think she'll be happy when I tell her?" Josh asked, looking at his girlfriend's sister.

Rory immediately shook her head and Josh became incredibly confused. "I can't answer that. It'll break all kinds of sister code if I tell you." Josh nodded, pretending to not be annoyed by Rory's answer. "You look worried."

"Things between us have been weird ever since... well you know," Josh reminded her.

"Right," Rory nodded her head letting out a deep breath.