09: il duce

"I got hit by a deer."

--☆--☆--☆--

Luke Danes has never driven so quickly in his entire life, which wasn't saying much for him. He went a whole 5mph above the legal speed limit. Unfortunately Cassie wasn't entirely paying attention as Luke got cast in a Fast and Furious movie since she was too busy reading over her notes. She didn't even realize that they made it to Chilton until Luke's truck came to an abrupt halt.

Cassie immediately picked up her backpack, keeping her notes in her hands as she got out of the truck. Just before she could close the door she turned out to look at Luke and said, "Thank you."

"Anytime kiddo," He nodded, as his eyes looked around the school. "Go ace that test."

The Gilmore girl nodded then closed the door to the green truck and ran inside the school. She was reading through her notes as she walked to class. All the Chilton students were talking casually about their lockers making Cassie look down at her watch. She let out a sigh of relief realizing that she had seven minutes before she had to be in class.

Cassie looked around, trying to find her twin sister in the crowd of students. She looked everywhere, her locker, Rory's locker, the bathroom, but there was no sign of Rory. Cassie started getting nervous, Rory was never ever late, especially not on a test day.

"Hey," Sophie came running up to the Gilmore girl with a smile on her face.

"Hi," Cassie said quickly, not giving the Dugray girl her full attention.

"Lose something?" Sophie asked her.

"My sister. I missed the bus and she should be here," Cassie continued walking down the halls with Sophie by her side.

"Maybe she's already in class."

"Maybe."

Sophie put her hand on Cassie's shoulder, grabbing her attention. "She'll be here. I'll see you in there."

"Yeah," Cassie nodded then Sophie walked to Mr. Medina's class.

The first bell rang and all the students slowly started walking into their classrooms but Cassie kept looking around for her sister. Mr. Medina stood by the door, watching for a moment as the youngest Gilmore wandered the halls.

"Miss Gilmore."

Cassie turned, her eyes meeting Mr. Medina's, but she didn't have time to be polite to him. "Is Rory in there?" She watched as Mr. Medina turned around looking at his class but then he shook his head. "She should be here."