13: sweet sixteen

"Happy birthday kid"

--☆--☆--☆--

Sookie and Lorelai spent hours putting together the perfect part for the Gilmore twins. They wanted everything to be perfect for the girls' 16th birthday. Since the moment the girls were born Lorelai has wanted her daughters to have everything she never got to have. She wanted Cassie and Rory to have fun and grow up in a loving home, and she would be damned if that didn't happen.

So the two of them prepared cake and decorations and made a killer guest list, all for the Gilmore twins. When the twins were finally ready to enjoy their party half the town was in their living room.

The three Gilmores were living it up. This was the kind of party they wanted, not some stuck up one in Hartford. Cassie was walking around, making her rounds when she saw a certain blonde walk through her front door.

"You came," Cassie said with a hint of shock in her voice when she saw her.

"I wouldn't miss a party like this," Sophie said as she gave the youngest Gilmore a hug.

"Come in. You have to meet everybody," Cassie pushed the door closed as she pulled Sophie into her house.

"Cassie!" Babette came running over to the youngest Gilmore, giving her a big hug. "Look at you! All grown up!"

"Babette you saw me yesterday," Cassie laughed, hugging her back.

"And who are you?"

"Sophie. Chilton Friend," She answered with a smile.

"Oh! A girl like you must have a hot boyfriend, is he good in the sack?"

"Babette!" Cassie gasped as Sophie let out a loud laugh. Sophie knew at that moment that Stars Hollow would become a second home to her. Cassie didn't know it yet but Sophie was always looking for an escape from her life.

"I don't have a boyfriend," Sophie laughed.

"We'll fix that," Babette told her, causing the two teenage girls to laugh. "Don't worry honey, we'll find you one too."

"Oh I'm already working on that," Sophie informed her.

"Tell me, tell me."

"You better not be talking about..."

"His name is Josh," Sophie said, interrupting Cassie. "He's hot, and he has gorgeous eyes."

"Maybe you should date him," Cassie suggested.