23: lover's quarrel

"You will not come near her

"You will not come near her. Ever again."

--☆--☆--☆--

Josh turned his head, looking over at Cassie who was sitting in the passenger seat of his car. She was looking out the window, watching all the buildings pass by while Josh kept glancing over at her. He couldn't believe how beautiful she looked, the dress, the hair, everything about her was perfect to him.

"Do you think they'll have good food?" Cassie asked, turning her head to look over at Josh. "What?" She saw the look on his face and it confused her.

"You look beautiful," He told her. Cassie blushed, turning her head so he wouldn't see, but he did, and he thought it was adorable.

The rest of the drive was filled with Josh telling Cassie about the kind of food they served at these events while Cassie complained about it. She was hungry, she only got two bites of her taco before Emily decided to take pictures.

When they arrived at the formal Josh jumped out of the car going over to Cassie's side and opening the door for her. She shook her head at him as she got out of the car. Josh held out his arm causing Cassie to let out a small laugh before she linked her arm with his as they walked inside the formal.

"Wow," Cassie gasped when they walked through the doors into the room filled with Chilton students. "This place is amazing."

"Yeah, it is," Josh agreed but his eyes weren't on the building, they were on Cassie. "Come on," Josh started walking down the stairs with Cassie on his arm.

"Hey!" Tristan yelled from a table making Josh change his course of direction to go over to his best friend. "Wow, Cassidy Gilmore is all dressed up."

"Not for you," Cassie told him.

"Cassie!" Sophie yelled for the younger Gilmore, requesting her presence.

"I'll be right back," Cassie told Josh before unlinking their arms. "Bye Tristan," She said before walking away.

Josh sighed, suddenly noticing the girl sitting behind Tristan, waiting for his attention. "Cissy."

"Josh," She smiled up at him.

The Dawson boy pulled his best friend away from his date, knowing that what he was about to say wouldn't be great for Cissy to hear. "Seriously?"

"What was I supposed to do? Come alone?" Tristan asked him. "So did you see the guy?"

Josh nodded, "Dean. He honked for her."

"You're kidding," Tristan looked up. One of the perks of dating one of the Chilton boys was they were all taught manners from the day they were born. If any of them honked for a girl it would go against years of teaching them. Tristan looked past Josh, his eyes landing on Rory and Dean. "That piece of shit."