33: other grandparents

"I hate President Bush."

--☆--☆--☆--

"Should we say something?" Cassie whispered as quietly as she could but Rory just shook her head. The two of them were standing behind Chris and Lorelai who were both staring up at the Gilmore house.

Cassie hated this. Not only because she was starting to get cold but because of the anxiety that was slowly growing in her mind. She was about to see her other grandparents. The Grandparents whose name was a part of her own. She couldn't remember the last time she saw them. What if they hated her? What if she says something stupid and they think she's a disgrace to the Hayden name?

Another minute passed of them just standing there. Cassie, who was still trying not to freak out, lifted Rory's wrist, checking the watch that her sister wore most days. She shook her head, but didn't do anything to rush her parents.

Finally, after about another 30 seconds, Lorelai let out a long sigh. "I've gotta see my parents."

"I've gotta see my parents," Chris added.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the drama king and queen of Connecticut," Rory laughed quietly.

Lorelai shook her head at her daughter before pulling the key to the house out of her purse, using it to unlock the door. "Hello? Anybody home?" Lorelai called out as the family walked into the house.

"Oh my god!" Emily gasped when she walked into the entry room. "You're here. Christopher, look at you!"

"Emily, as always perfect," He said, giving Emily a quick hug.

"I am so glad to see you, I didn't hear the doorbell," Emily realized as she turned to look at her daughter.

"We didn't ring the doorbell," Lorelai informed her.

The smile on Emily's face dropped, and Cassie wasn't sure whether it was from confusion or annoyance. "You let yourselves in?"

"It's okay mom, look, not a rapist among us," Lorelai tried to joke.

"Hi Grandma," Rory smiled before nudging her sister's shoulder.

"Hi!" Cassie echoed however the two of them were ignored since Emily was still focused on the doorbell thing.

"You usually knock."

"Not since you gave us a key," Lorelai reminded her.

"That is for emergencies."