36: French soda

"Do I need to kick his ass?"

--☆--☆--☆--

"Okay so here's what I'm thinking," Cassie announced as she walked into Rory's room.

"What are you doing?" Rory yelled at her. After their day full of errands Rory decided that she wanted to attend Madeline's party in Hartford. She of course convinced Cassie to go with her, but Cassie got distracted on the way back to her room. "You're supposed to be getting ready."

"We sneak up behind Dean on his way to work-"

"No!"

"I definitely want the first punch but you can throw a couple too," Cassie told her.

"Cassie, we're not going to punch or fight Dean," Rory told her sister.

"Why not? It'll be therapeutic and it's not like he can hit us back, that's assault," Cassie reminded her.

Rory let out a long and disappointed sigh as she brought her hand to her forehead. "Cassie, if you hit him that's still assault."

"No one's gonna arrest us, we're too pretty."

"Oh my god," Rory shook her head at her younger sister, "you're so gonna get arrested one day."

"As long as I look good in my mugshot," Cassie said with a smile. "We can put it on a Christmas card," Cassie added then, without a second thought, Rory threw a random shirt at her.

"Go get ready!"

"Fine," Cassie groaned then walked out of Rory's room to go back to her own.

Cassie walked over to her closet, searching through her clothes to find the right thing to wear. She had been to parties before but not a Chilton party. She assumed it wouldn't be like the Stars Hollow High parties, people wouldn't be in jeans and a shirt drinking cheap drinks in a small living room. No, the Chilton kids were rich, jeans and a shirt wouldn't cut it tonight.

The youngest Gilmore pulled out a blue dress that had little white flowers on it. She changed into the dress then walked out of her room into the shared bathroom to fix her hair. Cassie began running a brush through her hair when Lorelai walked into the bathroom.

"Don't you look nice," Lorelai smiled at her.

"You have to say that, you're my mom," Cassie shook her head at Lorelai.

"But you're my daughter, which means you have my genes. So really I'm complimenting myself," Lorelai reminded her with a pointed finger and Cassie just laughed quietly.